Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest additions to the site:

This site now has an "Advance Search" to give a little more flexibility in searching the library.

http://www.online-literature.com/advancedsearch.php
    Chris Beasley
    Administrator
    The Literature Network

yes, that's me, your friendly Moderator 💚 Logos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    okays.. lots of new books, short stories, essays, and poems have been added in the last week or so

James Barrie the author of Peter Pan, wrote many other works including plays like The Admirable Crichton; Peter Pan in Kensington Gardens , and Margaret Ogilvy about his mother.

Some important works of Honore de Balzac's have been added: The Chouans, Beatrix, Eugenie Grandet, and Louis Lambert.

Further collections of Lord George Gordon Byron's poetry, Childe Harold's Pilgrimage and Fugitive Pieces are now available.

For Thomas Carlyle his Heroes and Hero Worship and Sartor Resartus are now available.

Willa Cather's Song of the Lark and more of her short stories have been added.

Many new Wilkie Collins works have been added including: Antonina, Armadale, Basil, The Moonstone, and quite possibly his most popular novel The Woman in White.

Joseph Conrad wrote a fascinating autobiographical work A Personal Record: Some Reminiscences, and more of his novels and short stories have been added including Gaspar Ruiz and Almayer's Folly.

George Eliot's Daniel Deronda is now on the site and her collection of non-fiction essays from the viewpoint of the ancient Greek philosopher, Impressions of Theophrastus Such is here too.

Madame Bovary author Gustave Flaubert's epic poem The Dance of Death, and his short story Legend of Saint-Julian the Hospitaller have now been added.

Oliver Goldsmith wrote many poems which are now added, as well as his famous play She Stoops to Conquer.

Also remember the Advanced Search option http://www.online-literature.com/advancedsearch.php is really helpful if you are writing a paper or just looking for a quote or reference, you can either search the entire site (forums *and* author pages) or do specific searches in books.

Ok I think that's all for now!
    Forum » Rules » FAQ » Tags » Blogs » Groups » Quizzes » e-Texts »
    📚 📚 📒 📓 📙 📘 📖 ✍🏻 📔 📒 📗 📒 📕 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚

Blog Entries
    Logos - You are doing a great job. Some really good additions.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Hooray for The Moonstone. I bought it recently and am currently reading it, it's awsome.
    I wrote a poem on a leaf and it blew away...

This seems great. I will love to try Woman In White out.
    I sang of leaves, of leaves of gold, and leaves of gold there grew.

Blog Entries
    Ok! time for another update

More of James Fenimore Cooper's works have been added, a few of his short stories and over 20 of his novels including Wyandotte and the rest of his "Leatherstocking Tales": The Pioneers (1823), The Last of the Mohicans (1826), The Prairie (1827), The Pathfinder (1840), and The Deerslayer (1841).

Edgar Allen Poe's novel The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym is now on the site, as well as *dozens* and *dozens* of his poems, short stories including "Never Bet the Devil Your Head", "King Pest", and "Ligeia", and essays including "The Poetic Principal", "Life of Poe", "Edgar Allan Poe: An Appreciation", and "Death of Poe".

William Wordsworth : Dozens of his poems have been added. Some are listed individually and some are also contained in collections of his works as Poetry Books. Some of them have additional notes by the author.

Oscar Wilde : Over 60 of his poems have been added including "The Ballad of Reading Gaol", "To Milton", "The Garden of Eros", "Endymion", "The Grave Of Keats", "Portia", "Charmides", "Humanitad" and etc. great stuff, check it out! A number of his essays on various subjects including "The English Renaissance of Art" are now available; and his plays "The Dutchess of Padua", "Lady Windermere's Fan", and "A Woman of No Importance" have been added; and more short stories including "The Star Child" and "The Model Millionaire".

Blog Entries
    huzzah, Oscar Wilde
    I wrote a poem on a leaf and it blew away...

Blog Entries
    Poet Robert/Rabbie Burns is now on the site; hundreds and hundreds of his songs and poems, laments, ballads, and epitaphs including "Holy Willie's Prayer", "Mary, Queen of Scots", "My Luve's Like A Red, Red Rose", "Scotch Drink", "Tam O' Shanter", "The Cotter's Saturday Night", "The Highland Widow's Lament", "The Jolly Beggars", "To a Haggis", "To A Mouse", "Auld Lang Syne" etc.

weer mijn koekjestrommel Schokokeks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    James Barrie the author of Peter Pan, wrote many other works including plays like The Admirable Crichton; Peter Pan in Kensington Gardens , and Margaret Ogilvy about his mother.
    Yaaaaaay !!! Thanks, Logos !!! I'm totally enjoying it !
    "Where mind meets matter, both should woo!"
    Currently reading:
    * Paradise Lost by John Milton

Blog Entries
    More additions

Robert Frost: --many more poems added including his collection titled "A Boys' Will".

William Butler Yeats: not just a poet, his collection of Irish folk/fairy tales A Celtic Twilight has been added as well as some of his plays and short stories, and his biographical memoir Four Years.

Stephen Crane who wrote so much about the American Civil War like in his novel Red Badge of Courage also wrote many short stories that are now added, which are based on his time as war correspondent.

Sir Walter Scott's Ivanhoe and The Talisman were already on the site, but many more of his works have been added including Rob Roy and The Antiquary, as well as some of his poetry including "Pibroch of Dunald Dhu" and his famous haunting epic "The Lady of the Lake" which includes a Preface and Background Notes.

G.K. Chesterton was an author and critic, and wrote numerous plays and essays, and biographical sketches of famous authors as in his Twelve Types: A Collection of Biographies but he also wrote poetry as in his The Wild Knight and Other Poems among many other additions.

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe's Autobiography is now on the site, as well as many many more of his poems.

And last but not least for Ivan S. Turgenev many more of his short stories have been added including "Clara Militch" and "Three Portraits". His novels On the Eve and Rudin have also been added.

I would also like to thank those people who take the time to let us know about typos or missing chapters etc, its really much appreciated because it is such a huge undertaking to do this and there is bound to be some human error along the way.

If grace is an ocean... grace86's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wow thank you so much Logos, what you are doing is awesome. Thanks for letting us know! I didn't realize how much has been added lately!

I am going to check this stuff out!
    "So heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss, and my heart turns violently inside of my chest, I don't have time to maintain these regrets, when I think about, the way....He loves us..."

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5xXowT4eJjY

Quote Originally Posted by crisaor View Post
    Good things come to those who wait.
    Tolstoy...Very good
    At thunder and tempest, At the world's coldheartedness,
    During times of heavy loss And when you're sad
    The greatest art on earth Is to seem uncomplicatedly gay.

To get things clear, they have to firstly be very unclear. But if you get them too quickly, you probably got them wrong.
    If you need me urgent, send me a PM

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    More additions

And last but not least for Ivan S. Turgenev many more of his short stories have been added including "Clara Militch" and "Three Portraits". His novels On the Eve and Rudin have also been added.

I would also like to thank those people who take the time to let us know about typos or missing chapters etc, its really much appreciated because it is such a huge undertaking to do this and there is bound to be some human error along the way.
    Logos, you're genius!!!
    At thunder and tempest, At the world's coldheartedness,
    During times of heavy loss And when you're sad
    The greatest art on earth Is to seem uncomplicatedly gay.

To get things clear, they have to firstly be very unclear. But if you get them too quickly, you probably got them wrong.
    If you need me urgent, send me a PM

thanks logogood job.

Blog Entries
    Ok.. it's almost been a week, but got lots added so here we go

more Louisa May Alcott works have been added, novels and short stories. She wrote under pseudonym "A.M. Barnard" Behind A Mask or, A Woman's Power and Pauline's Passion and Punishment and others, and also wrote Hospital Sketches and Work: A Story of Experience based on her service as nurse during the American Civil War.

Jules Verne's All Around the Moon and Facing the Flag are now on the site.

Emile Zola wrote a trilogy of novels based on his travels to various cities, Lourdes, Paris and Rome and more of his books have been added including his famous The Fat and the Thin.

The Autobiography of Charles Darwin has now been added.

Herman Melville wrote a lot of poetry, his extensive collection John Marr now added to the site as well as a few other of his novels including the two Mardi works.

Many more of Henry James's novels have been added including The Golden Bowl, What Maisie Knew, The Awkward Age, and The Pupil. His essay on Nathaniel Hawthorne and numerous of his short stories have been added including "A Bundle of Letters" and "The Tree of Knowledge".

Christopher Marlowe's Dr. Faustus, versions from the years 1604 and 1616 are now on the site, as well as his 1594 "The Tragedy of Dido Queene of Carthage".

William Somerset Maugham's Liza of Lambeth and The Magician have now been added.

Jean Jacques Rousseau's autobiographical Confessions, semi-autobiographical Emile, and his Discourse on Inequality are now added.

And. ... just for bazarov the collection of Count Lev Nikolayevich Tolstoy's works that are available in English in the public domain should now be on the site including his trilogy Childhood (1852), Boyhood (1854), and Youth (1856). Overdue to be added was The Cossacks. Numerous of his short stories including "Ivan the Fool" and essays have been added, as well as his "A Letter to A Hindu" that was the beginning of his friendship with fellow anti-violence pacifist Mohandas Gandhi.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast