Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: Latest additions to the site:

yes, that's me, your friendly Moderator 💚 Logos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thank you Aunt

[digging into my archives...] heh, quasi...what I've added of Bierce's is his Cobwebs From an Empty Skull , The Fiend's Delight, A Cynic Looks at Life[collections of "Fables and Tales" etc initially published under his pseud. "Dod Grile"], and his massive poetry collection Black Beetles in Amber.
    Forum » Rules » FAQ » Tags » Blogs » Groups » Quizzes » e-Texts »
    📚 📚 📒 📓 📙 📘 📖 ✍🏻 📔 📒 📗 📒 📕 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚

Then dawns the Invisible Psycheinaboat's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I just read “The Damned Thing” and highly recommend Bierce’s work!
    If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.
    - Emma Goldman

Blog Entries
    so...a few more things to mention that have been added recently

Lots of works by Jack London http://www.online-literature.com/london/

including A Daughter of the Snows; A Son of the Sun; Children of the Frost; The Cruise of the Snark; The Human Drift and Other Stories; John Barleycorn; Turtles of Tasman; War of the Classes; When God Laughs; Tales of the Fish Patrol; The Strength of the Strong; Night Born; On the Makaloa Mat; People of the Abyss, about his days living in London, England; Revolution and Other Essays, great biographical stuff; and The Road, about his days "....begging my way from door to door, wandering over the United States and sweating bloody sweats in slums and prisons."; also his plays Theft and The Acorn Planter.

Several more works by Italian-American author F. Marion Crawford http://www.online-literature.com/marion-crawford/

including A Tale of the Lonely, Adam Johnson, An American Politician, Don Orsini, Marietta, Marzio, Primadonna, Saracinesca, Stradella, Taquisara, Via Crucis, and Zoroaster.

More of Charles Darwin's works have been added http://www.online-literature.com/darwin/

including Geological Observations of South America and Volcanic Islands.

Also, more of Rex Ellington Beach's works have been added http://www.online-literature.com/rex-beach/

many inspired by his days in Alaska including Flowing Gold, The Spoilers, The Iron Trail, and Rainbow's End.

Also more of Prisoner of Zenda author Anthony Hope's http://www.online-literature.com/anthony-hope/

works have been added including Quisante, Simon Dale, The Secret of the Tower, and Tristram of Blent.

Dear Logos, 4:44AM. Another indefatigable effort. I'm sure you know that Jack London had written all this and went to his end before the age of 40. Amazing. Thank You, Logos.

Blog Entries
    Thank you to member notleftbehind.7 for submitting their quiz "The Left Behind Series quiz books 1-5"
    http://www.online-literature.com/for...php?quizid=667

--

Blog Entries
    A little update here

If you're interested in the life of Samuel Taylor Coleridge, his Biographia Literaria is now on the site

Or how about Charles Lamb's Best Letters.

Many more plays by Henrik Ibsen have been added including Hedda Gabbler, Little Eyolf, and Ghosts.

Karl Marx's
    The Eighteenth Brumaire of Louis Bonaparte has now been added.

*Many* more novels by such authors as

Harold MacGrath [including Arms and the Woman and Half A Rogue ];

Joseph A. Altsheler [including Before the Dawn, The Scouts of Stonewall, The Sun of Quebec, and The Tree of Appotamox ];

B. M. Bower [including Skyrider, The Gringos, and The Uphill Climb ];

Richard Harding Davis [including Cuba In War Time, Gallegher and Other Stories, and The Red Cross Girl ];

Honoré de Balzac [including A Daughter of Eve, Albert Savarus, and Analytical Studies ];

Jeffrey Farnol
    [including his 12 fyttes in The Geste of Duke Jocelyn and Peregrine's Progress ];

Elinor Glyn [including Maid and Man and Three Things ];

Stephen Leacock
    [including Behind the Beyond and Winsome Winnie ];

E. Phillips Oppenheim [including A Lost Leader, An Amiable Charlatan, and The Avenger ];

Edith Nesbit [including The Book of Dragons and In Homespun ];

Ring Lardner [including The Real Dope ];

and last but certainly not least... many more works by humourist Jerome K. Jerome have been added. If you are not yet acquainted with this guy I highly recommend you check him out. I think he's got a sense of humour and wit that transcends time and well, sometimes *sanity*. I mean just look at some of the titles of his short stories and essays; [warning: appreciation of gallows/black/cynical/jaded humour required!]

From The Angel and the Author; and Others ;]

"Literature and the Middle Classes",
    "Too Much Postcard",
    "If Only We Had Not Lost Our Tails!",
    "Why I Hate Heroes",
    "How To Be Healthy and Unhappy", and
    "Marriage and the Joke of It".

From Idle Ideas in 1905;]

"Are We As Interesting As We Think We Are?",
    "Should Married Men Play Golf?",
    "Do Writers Write Too Much?",
    "Should Soldiers Be Polite?", and
    "Shall We Be Ruined By Chinese Cheap Labour?".

and from The Second Thoughts of An Idle Fellow;

"On the Delights and Benefits of Slavery",
    "On the Care and Management of Women",
    "On the Motherliness of Man", and
    "On the Inadvisability of Following Advice".

--

Blog Entries
    Logos, I noticed the other day you don't have Stephan Crane's great short story, "The Blue Hotel." It's certainly worthy of being included and it fits the criteria.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Ok, well, I will keep my eye out for it

Blog Entries
    Thank you quasi, I try

--

I'd like to make a note of, and THANK, the following members for submitting yet *more* quizzes! Your efforts are truly appreciated.

Thank you pegasus332 for your Three Musketeers Quiz:
    http://www.online-literature.com/for...php?quizid=682

and Sorceress for your Harry Potter Quiz:
    http://www.online-literature.com/for...php?quizid=681

and nhsnoboarder17 for your Oliver Twist Quiz:
    http://www.online-literature.com/for...php?quizid=680

--

We now have almost 200 quizzes on the site. How many have you taken??

And...at risk of being too repetitive, I will say again, if you have any problems when submitting a quiz to the site, please don't hesitate to contact me via private message and we can work it out.

cheers,
    /Logos

--

Blog Entries
    Great job, Logos!
    The source of any bad writing is the desire to be something more than a person of sense--the straining to be thought a genius. If people would say what they have to say in plain terms, how much eloquent they would be.
    -S.T COLERIDGE

Blog Entries
    Thank you muhsin

--

More additions to note here ! ...

A quiz for John Donne has been added;
    http://www.online-literature.com/for...php?quizid=685

There's also now a quiz for Oscar Wilde, John Milton, Henry David Thoreau, and PG Wodehouse

More Wodehouse works have been added including his autobiographical Not George Washington and The Man Upstairs;

many more works by Charlotte M. Yonge including her histories series, My Young Alcides: A Faded Photograph, John Keble, Lady Hester, A Young Telemachus, and Heartsease;

Charles Kingsley's many sermons, essays, and his play The Saint's Tragedy are now on site;

many more short stories by Edith Wharton;
    http://www.online-literature.com/wharton/

Oliver Wendell Holmes's The Professor at the Breakfast Table, A Mortal Antipathy, and Over the Teacups are included among other new works added;

many more Bobbsey Twins books are now added;
    http://www.online-literature.com/laura-hope/

many more of W. W. Jacobs' works have been added including Captains All, A Master of Craft, and Salthaven;

more of detective author Émile Gaboriau's works have been added including File No. 13;

J. S. Fletcher's The Herapath Property is among more works of his added;

new works by John Fox Jr. include A Mountain Europa and Crittenden;

Jane Austen's Love and Freindship and Other Early Works can now be read here;

Peter Pan author J. M. Barrie's A Widow in Thrums, Better Dead, and My Lady Nicotine are among others now added;

Frances Hodgson Burnett's That Lass O' Lowrie's and Vagabondia are among others now added;

Samuel Butler compares evolutionary theories in Evolution, Old & New, one of a few more added to his page;

more pseudonymous works by Stratemeyer have been added including more Rover Boys books;

Louisa May Alcott's The Abbot's Ghost, Jimmy's Cruise, and Shawl Straps are now on-site;

Hans Christian Andersen's fictional novels The Ice Maiden and O. T.: A Danish Romance have now been added;

Aristotle's Ethics and Politics are now on site;

Jerome K. Jerome's essays on "Clocks" and "Dreams", and many more short stories have been added including "Told After Supper", "Tea-table Talk", and "The Soul of Nicholas Snyders; or, The Miser of Zandam", and also his novel Paul Kelver;

Grace S. Richmond's A Court of Inquiry, Under the Country Sky, and more of her Doctor Pepper series are now added;

Sax Rohmer's Bat Wing, Brood of the Witch Queen, Hand of Fu Manchu, and Tales of Chinatown are among many more of his works added;

Margaret Pedler's Moon Out of Reach and The Vision of Desire are among more of her books added;

E. Phillips Oppenheim's novels The Profiteers, The Great Secret, Mr. Grex, Nobody's Man, and Pawns Count are among many others now added;

Alice Hegan Rice's novels Mr. Opp, Miss Mink, Quin, and The Honorable Percival have now been added;

Heidi author Johanna Spyri's novels Cornelli, Veronica, and Gritli's Children are now added;

King Kong author Edgar Wallace also wrote Angel of Terror, Green Rust, The Man Who Knew, Tam O' the Scoots, and The Book of All Power and more, now added;

Mordant wit Christopher Morley's In the Sweet and Dry, and collection of short stories, sketches, and essays under such titles as "The Perfect Reader", "Secret Transactions Of The Three Hours For Lunch Club", "The Club of Abandoned Husbands", "Fulton Street, and Walt Whitman", "[George] Gissing", "Mr. [Joseph] Conrad's New Preface", and "Tadpoles" can be found in Plum Pudding and Shandygaff, which includes "The Haunting Beauty of Strychnine", "The Art of Walking", "The Literary Pawnshop", "Confessions of a Smoker", and "Suggestions For Teachers"--"It is recommended that it be introduced to students before their minds have become hardened, clotted, and skeptical." are now added;

murder mystery author and journalist Mary Roberts Rhinehart's Tish, Tenting, Bab, and When A Man Marries are among other works of hers now added;

many more of Elbert Hubbard's novels have been added, as well as his Little Journey's volumes including Vol. 8: Great Philosophers, Vol. 10: Great Teachers, and Vol. 13: Great Lovers, which includes "Robert Louis Stevenson and Fanny Osbourne", "William Godwin and Mary Wollstonecraft", "Dante and Beatrice", "Parnell and Kitty O'Shea", "Petrarch and Laura", "Dante Gabriel Rossetti and Elizabeth Eleanor Siddal", and "Balzac and Madame Hanska";

*many* more plays (and many of which Moliere himself acted in) by Jean Baptiste Poquelin Moliere have been added including Sganarelle, or The Self-Deceived Husband, The Blunderer, The Bores, The Imaginary Invalid, and The School For Husbands are now on site;

The Mabinogion by Anonymous is now on-site;

and last but not least,
    Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire's
    Philosophical Dictionary is now on the site, "It was a horrible thing to betray with a kiss; it was that that made Cæsar's assassination still more hateful. We know all about Judas' kisses; they have become proverbial." ... as well as a quiz!
    http://www.online-literature.com/for...php?quizid=684

--

Blog Entries
    These are fantastic!! Yay for Mabinogion, and Philosophic Dictionary!!!
    I wrote a poem on a leaf and it blew away...

Blog Entries
    Christ Logos! you have been really busy!!!!
    "Come away O human child!To the waters of the wild, With a faery hand in hand, For the worlds more full of weeping than you can understand."
    W.B.Yeats

"If it looks like a Dwarf and smells like a Dwarf, then it's probably a Dwarf (or a latrine wearing dungarees)"
    Artemins Fowl and the Lost Colony by Eoin Colfer

my poems-please comment Forum Rules

Blog Entries
    Wowzers!

I am going to have a peek at The Mabinogion, sounds cool!

Good work, and thanks, Logos!
    Our task must be to free ourselves by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty
    ~Albert Einstein

Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678