View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Continued

by , 09-15-2022 at 09:33 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    This follows from part 1

They're sealed up the roof. Re set/replaced tiles. There was a broken one in the picture. and replaced the front guttering. And our roof tile disappeared. (there's been a spare roof tile in the front garden since I was young. Originally it was used to prop up an extension to the down pipe but it doesn't really work for that so we just left it next to the pipe) It went missing. I'm a little sad about it because it's always been there but I had thought of letting ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. When It Rains It Pours. Literally

by , 09-15-2022 at 09:28 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    I've had things to note since last time but I wanted to sit in silence for a while. And then the big thing happened and it seemed inappropriate but maybe better to write now than later.
    I don't want to talk about my dog yet except for one thing. It was still Summer and it hadn't rained for quite some time. When...the deed was done it rained. heavily but not for too long. It either started just as it was done but I'm pretty sure it was a little after while we were spending some time with.......the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. "It's always something" - Roseann Roseanna Danna

Well... getting ready to evacuate due to the Mosquito Fire here in the Gold Country. Large smoke plumes very visible and our neighboring town of Georgetown, CA is already under evacuation orders... we're about 5 miles as the crow flies away, but fires up here move with tremendous speed in our drought stricken, heat wave infested area - up to 20 miles a day in a worst case scenario..

We haven't received an advisory here yet, but getting prepared.

Luckily my wife is
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Better Holiday

by , 09-05-2022 at 05:58 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Today is Labor Day, and I think that holidays are mostly a waste of time. I think that workers would be better off if they got another week or two of vacation time is stead of holidays.
    Another problem with holidays is that they are dedicated to something, and not everyone likes that something or wants to honor it. Some holidays are dedicated to religious holidays, and here in the U.S.A. things that tend toward the establishment of religion are forbidden in the Constitution. That would throw ...
  5. To What Purpose

by , 08-13-2022 at 03:09 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    In the last few days, I have seen articles about scientists saying that California may be in for a “mega flood”. I find such things mildly interesting but not useful. And I wonder why people write such things and why those articles get published ab\s something scientific. It’s like back in the 1970’s, when there were articles in the science magazines about the impending floods from the West Ice Shield of Antarctica sliding into the Pacific Ocean. It still hasn’t happened, but there still are articles ...