View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. 13th

by , 12-13-2013 at 07:08 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    Went shopping today, since we didn't go on Wednesday. Still have quite a few things to do for Christmas, still not doing any of them.

An elf today. Again.

My right eye keeps twitching. Maybe I should get my eyes tested before the new year. The called a week or so ago. Mum answered. But they haven't sent me a letter, they always do. Last year they sent me two. As it's so close to Christmas I've decided not to go until the new year.

Still didn't sleep well. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Mom

by , 12-13-2013 at 08:29 AM (Ramblings from the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia)
    Sunday, my mother lost her battle with illness and passed away peacefully in her sleep. I thought I was prepared as we knew three months ago that she was on her deathbed, but I am just coping barely. She was really the only parent I had as my father had nothing to do with us from the time I was eight. His death meant little as he was my father but not my daddy, a marked difference.

Thanks to all of you who have been here for me, who have put up with my illness flaring up, who have ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. 12th

by , 12-12-2013 at 05:07 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    Didn't sleep well. Flipped the mattress this morning, it's better on my back for now. Would've written this sooner but I was trying to perfect the lemon meringue pie. Still needs some work. I've halved the amount of butter in it in the hopes that it'll make a sharper lemon taste and I used my new mixer for the meringue. What took an hour with a hand mixer became five minutes with the electric mixer. The meringue still isn't crispy enough. Still not sure where I'm going wrong. What if I sprinkled ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. 11th

by , 12-11-2013 at 02:07 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    Another she elf.

Been foggy since last night. For safety we decided not to go shopping today. We have enough food for 2 days dinner and such so it's not like we'll starve if we don't drive to the shops for a day or two.

I'm getting that niggling urge to write something, besides a blog, but I'm lacking an idea to write. So I'm letting this little desire build up to see where it goes. If I write something, that isn't a blog, then great. If not then I haven't rushed in ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Some Problems with Dating Sites

by , 12-10-2013 at 04:04 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    It may be a mistake, but I am about to play Andy Rooney.

In an attempt to meet interesting and pleasant women, I joined some dating sites, but I have learned that those are not for me. Recently I got emails from two such sites inviting me to log in to my account. That would have been O.K., if I had created accounts with those sites, but I hadn’t. I went to them to try to eliminate myself from their rosters, and I think that I succeeded with one, but AsianBeauties.com sent a rather ...

Updated 12-10-2013 at 09:32 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized