Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Pick your e-reader

Quote Originally Posted by Seasider View Post
    @ Brock
    Have you got it and are therefore too busy to post? All these Bank Holidays and no post...I hope it comes soon and you enjoy it as much as you hoped.
    I got mine in February 2010 and have downloaded more than 300 books. I have a trip on EuroStar next week so am looking forward to a comfortable way to pass the time.
    Still not got it! Bank holidays are just a bane. It better come tomorrow. Or else! It's my day off too; it'll be like christmas!

Glad you enjoy yours. I don't know what Eurostar is, but I'm sure it's Kindle-compatible.
    Well Stu I'll tell you, surfing's not a sport, it's a way of life, you know, a hobby. It's a way of looking at that wave and saying, "Hey bud, let's party!"

Jeff Spicoli

Banned
    Blog Entries
    There are few things that suck more than eagerly waiting for something in the mail. Those things always take longer than usual to arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutatis-Mutandi View Post
    There are few things that suck more than eagerly waiting for something in the mail. Those things always take longer than usual to arrive.
    Spot on. I'm restless/impatient/becoming addicted to this forum...
    Well Stu I'll tell you, surfing's not a sport, it's a way of life, you know, a hobby. It's a way of looking at that wave and saying, "Hey bud, let's party!"

Jeff Spicoli

Seasider
    Eurostar is the train that goes through the Channel Tunnel...gives a direct rail link to Paris and Brussels and other European cities. I'm off to Lille for a few days in May.

Quote Originally Posted by Seasider View Post
    Eurostar is the train that goes through the Channel Tunnel...gives a direct rail link to Paris and Brussels and other European cities. I'm off to Lille for a few days in May.
    Sounds wonderful!

I got my Kindle! So so good. So good.

Did I mention it was good?

Jeff Spicoli

Pièce de Résistance Scheherazade's Avatar
    The other day I saw couple of different makes at Sainsbury's and they were around £80... Capable of handling all the different formats.

If I hadn't got one already, would have given them a try, no doubt.

Enjoy, Brock!
    ~
    "It is not that I am mad; it is only that my head is different from yours.”
    ~

Thanks, I will/am.

Jeff Spicoli

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock View Post
    I mean this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kindle-Wirel...4436866&sr=8-1

I didn't realize there was a larger sized one!
    How odd. I just followed this link and discovered that the Kindle DX 9.7" is not available in the UK. If you want that model you have to buy it from amazon.com in the U.S.

In the U.S. you can also get a 6" model that is discounted if you are willing to put up with a screen saver advertisement. No thanks.

I'm going to buy a Kindle this month, but I don't know if I want the larger or smaller one.

technology is developing everyday, long time ago, we can not image computer can not so many thing. Kindle may make us lose the original feeling fo reading. but it is really useful and convenient. so my opinion, just buy.
    now, i even make the use of the technology, running my online website
    www.chinasunstore.com a few years ago, i also think that online store can not be success, but now, i change. so, i suggest, just try something you never try.

A User, but Registered! tonywalt's Avatar
    Cayman Palms, Cayman Islands, Cayman Islands
    Blog Entries
    I bought a Kindle about 2 years ago. I wish I could buy all my books via Kindle, but many books are not available except for the recently published and older classics(many out of copyright). It will only be a short time until you all books will be ebook available.

Blog Entries

Pick your e-reader

I'm thinking of getting a reader as a family gift for Christmas, but I can't decide which to get. I love the Kindle, but the new fire no longer has the e-ink technology. I like the old ones, but given that my kids are young and I like magazines too, I would love color. Size is important, so ideally an upgradable capacity would be nice. So that leaves the Nook color, which while more expensive, has most of what I would like. Or, as another option do I just break down and buy an iPad... So what do you think. Which is the best product on the market?

Blog Entries
    Kindle is still the best option. Even without eink it is readable in sunlight for the most part. Kindle also has the best selection of any single ereader. But of course the iPad is a kindle and so much more, but more expensive
    I wrote a poem on a leaf and it blew away...

I thought I would hate e-readers, but I like my Kindle. Like you, though, I'm not sure about the Fire.
    http://brettcottrell.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    I just keep thinking that the Fire is losing a lot. The one thing that the Nook is winning me over on is that I can add to the memory, which is lost with the Fire. Given that there will be three of us using this, it seems important, but I don't know how quickly I would really fill it up.

My family is planning on buying me one for Christmas. Coincidence?

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast