Buying through this banner helps support the forum!

View Poll Results: Out of 10 (extremely jealous), how jealous do you consider yourself?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll

11 22.92%

6 12.50%

6 12.50%

5 10.42%

6 12.50%

4 8.33%

4 8.33%

1 2.08%

2 4.17%

3 6.25%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jealousy

Pièce de Résistance Scheherazade's Avatar

Jealousy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lLs2dC9NaE

Do you consider yourself a jealous person? How and when do you show your jealous side? How do you deal with it (if you do)?

And how do you deal with other people's jealousy towards you?

The poll is anonymous so please vote freely.
    ~
    "It is not that I am mad; it is only that my head is different from yours.”
    ~

I am jealous sometimes when I love, maybe because I am too emotional.
    I usually admit it to my partner and make it clear to him that I don't care if he is jealous, it doesn't bother me at all.
    "Where love is there God is also".
    Leo Tolstoy

I voted 1 as it's something I don't find happening in my mind.

Funny damn emotion, interesting topic.
    Go to work, get married, have some kids, pay your taxes, pay your bills, watch your tv, follow fashion, act normal, obey the law and repeat after me: "I am free."

Anon

Blog Entries
    Jealousy is a dangerous emotion. I put myself at 4 - I do get jealous, but I put a low number because i think I can deal with it fairly well. The key is recognition of it. It can very easily and quickly transform into justifications which disguise this emotion.

There was a guy in the North east of England yesterday who shot his ex-partner and her new one. Last I heard he was on the run having also shot a policeman. Terrible.

Great topic, Scher,

I put myself at 9; that means that I may stalk the person I am in love with, check their wallets when they are asleep, look on their facebook page, break into their computer files, drive around to make sure they are going where they say they are going, check their clothes for long hairs and perfume....

But I don't puncture their tires or break their car windows, shoot at them or hunt down the women I think they are cheating on me with:out

On the positive side, I am only jealous in relationships; I have always been glad for my friends and families good fortune. I have never been jealous of people whom I think are more attractive than me...

Actually, I was never jealous of my men until I got cheated on once...it only took once...

Love makes me crazy; so I try to avoid it...

I have hard time being jealous.
    I wish I was more jealous so I could be a little bit more competitive.
    I sang of leaves, of leaves of gold, and leaves of gold there grew.

Blog Entries
    I've never had a problem with "relationship" jealousy, I've never kept that tight a grip on my boyfriends because I know how annoying it is.

I don't have it in me to be jealous of girls who are prettier than me either, I just admire their foxy-ness.

Nor have I ever been jealous of people who have more stuff than I do, because their stuff always seems useless and cumbersome.

However: I have been jealous in an academic sphere. I used to get sick to my stomach if someone out-debated me, or if someone easily reasoned through a problem or interpretation that I'd been having trouble with. It was okay when I was in high school, because there weren't that many kids to compete with and I could always beat everyone if I tried hard enough; once I got to university though, I realized that trying to be the best with forty thousand other intelligent people around who are also trying damn hard to be the best is just not going to happen and will eventually lead to a nervous breakdown, so I stopped caring about the competitive aspect and focused on learning for it's own sake. I don't even look at my grades anymore, I force myself not to so that I won't be tempted to compare myself with the other students.

As for how I deal with other people's jealousy towards me, it sucks. There are these two girls from town who hate me because I snagged my boyfriend (ugh, how lame). Not being liked by someone is uncomfortable, but there's really nothing that you can do about it.
    Last edited by JuniperWoolf; 07-04-2010 at 09:09 PM.
    "Personal note: When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare into the sun. So once when I was six, I did. At first the brightness was overwhelming, but I had seen that before. I kept looking, forcing myself not to blink, and then the brightness began to dissolve. My pupils shrunk to pinholes and everything came into focus and for a moment I understood. The doctors didn't know if my eyes would ever heal."
    -Pi

Blog Entries
    I get extremely jealous in most relationships I have including friendships and family relationships. I realize my two younger sisters also have this flaw. Being older, I am less likely to get upset about events I previously might have.

Blog Entries
    2 ~ I'm comfortable with myself.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

I'm not all that jealous because other people don't have what I want. Even if they did, I would find a way to convince myself that I didn't want it anways.

Blog Entries
    The worst kind of jealousy concerns people/ relationships.

Sheffield, South Yorks, England. Tha knows.
    Blog Entries
    It's not so much trusting myself, although I do, but having total, absolute and implicit trust in my wife, which I have. If that trust isn't there, I can't help wondering how successful a relationship can be. I'm sure somebody will tell me.
    Dafydd Manton, A Legend In His Own Lunchtime!! www.dafydd-manton.co.uk

My Work Has Been Spread Over Many Fields!

Inexplicably Undiscovered
    next door to the lady in the vinegar bottle
    Blog Entries
    What's the difference between jealousy and envy?

Pièce de Résistance Scheherazade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AuntShecky View Post
    What's the difference between jealousy and envy?
    I take jealousy is stronger than envy and makes you unhappy/angry towards others involved.

It is OK to say to someone you envy them probably but we would not like to admit that we are jealous of them probably.

On that point, yet once again, I am so impressed with our members! What a well-balanced, laidback bunch we are!

Personally, I might feel jealous depending on the circumstances... I don't consider myself jealous enough to upset myself but I don't think I could rule it out all together either.
    ~
    "It is not that I am mad; it is only that my head is different from yours.”
    ~

Blog Entries
    of course it depends on the person but the first guy I was crazy about, I got jealous when he wanted to be with his friends more than me... I think I'd be more understanding today about that but I have to admit that I get a little bit jealous when my best friend has more close friends than just me...
    I hope death is joyful, and I hope I'll never return -Frida Khalo

If I seem insensitive to what you are going through, understand it's the way I am- Mr. Spock

Personally, I think that the unique and supreme delight lies in the certainty of doing 'evil'–and men and women know from birth that all pleasure lies in evil. - Baudelaire

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast