Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wings

Wings

Wings

I used to think that not having a home was just a myth my mother told us when we were young. Now I can’t help but understand the feelings of helplessness. I never thought that my difference would be the one thing that would be responsible for destroying my family’s life.
    Many people say being different is a good thing. Well, this is our story of over coming obstacles and helping my people find acceptance and peace.

---Serenity

dancing before the storms baddad's Avatar
    lat.51.7,long.114.13,1140m above sea level
    I do not understand this thread........but I want to. Help me anyone?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity
    Wings

I used to think that not having a home was just a myth my mother told us when we were young. Now I can’t help but understand the feelings of helplessness. I never thought that my difference would be the one thing that would be responsible for destroying my family’s life.
    Many people say being different is a good thing. Well, this is our story of over coming obstacles and helping my people find acceptance and peace.

---Serenity
    First you used a singular noun: " I used to think that not having a home was just a myth my mother told us when we were young. Now I can’t help but understand the feelings of helplessness. I never thought that my difference would be the one thing that would be responsible for destroying my family’s life."

But then you ended the paragraph with plural nouns: " Well, this is our story of over coming obstacles and helping my people find acceptance and peace.'

Were you referring to different issues here?

Pièce de Résistance Scheherazade's Avatar
    I thought the 'we' refered to her family or whatever groups she considers herself part of... She is still dealing with the same issues.
    ~
    "It is not that I am mad; it is only that my head is different from yours.”
    ~

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Ok, first s/he talked about the cause then s/he talked about the effect ..?!
    Last edited by subterranean; 12-13-2004 at 04:26 AM.

Looks like a beginning for a short story? Novel? Could it be?
    I have a plan: attack!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Oh yea..I need to change my contact lenses soon
    Last edited by subterranean; 12-13-2004 at 04:50 AM.

dancing before the storms baddad's Avatar
    lat.51.7,long.114.13,1140m above sea level
    hmmmmm......interesting theories.......but what about the words, "...helping my people"...? Is this a cultural issue? Anyway, I suppose Serenity will one day return with an explanation.....

Pièce de Résistance Scheherazade's Avatar
    baddad> The same thing crossed my mind too but then I thought it would be too Pocahontas-que
    ~
    "It is not that I am mad; it is only that my head is different from yours.”
    ~

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Oh, Scher..you don't think it would end up as a heroic act of story do you?

Ill clear this up.

She, is talking about her family AND her people the Faries.
    also, This is a prelude to her story "Wings" are you all up to date now.
    BOW DOWN!
    BOW DOWN!
    Before the power of Santa, or be Crushed
    Be crushed by his jolly boots of Doom!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Oh, I feel enlightened.

Chapter 1

CH 1 “The Beginning”

“Mama!”
    “Run Serenity! Take your brother and fly!”
    It all started on a dark and cold December night. We were a happy family with a simple dream of living a peaceful life in our little town in Springfield, California.
    “Mama!”
    “Fly! Fly now!”
    “But Mama! We can’t just leave you!”
    I remember my older brother Freedom crying out to her. We were attached on our way home. My mother told us stories as we were growing up. Not fairytales though. Real stories about what it was like growing up among our people. See… I’m only part human…
    My brother and I are different from everyone. We’re different because, well, we have wings. My people have lived in the trees for centuries until my mother trusted a human with her secret.
    I’m the youngest out of my brother and I. When I was born my brother had just turned two years old and his secret appeared out of the blue. See when he was born my parents thought he was normal. Human looking in other words. But on his second birthday his wings revealed themselves in a sheen of golden mist. Small and rainbow in color they appeared before my parent’s eyes. When I was born my mother’s feared peaked and the secret stressed my father far too much for her comfort. So she took us that night and ran with us. Now years later we have to once again reveal our secret and change our lives forever once again. One of the men that attacked us that night was my father.
    “Please Aime, let them go?”
    “No Tranquility. You stole them away from me 17 years ago. I won’t let them get away this time. There are a lot of people I am sure would like to get their hands on you and them!”
    His laughter was full of anger and a crazed hurt. A hurt I didn’t understand because I heard the hunger for revenge in his voice.
    “Fly! Now!”
    Before we knew what was happening my mother’s golden wings flew out behind her sending the final forbidden message. We were to fly Home. We followed suit and in a mist our rainbow wings appeared and we took to fly.
    Within a moment my mother was surrounded and a bird net thrown over her in hopes of preventing damage to her beautiful wings. I was torn between going back to help and going on to were I had been instructed to go. Home, so far away. If I were to leave, could mother really hold out until we were able to make it back with help? I wasn’t absolutely sure.
    “Freedom! No!”
    Then before I knew it, my brother was gone to join my mother’s fate.
    He had flown back in a rescue
    attempt whispering a good bye on the wind.
    As I turned to fly on, I caught a glimpse of the change in the color of his wings From the child’s rainbow to a deep forest green.
    I was left alone.

I had to fly back and try to rescue my mother. With a good bye on the wind to my sister I flew back at the men that were holding her captive. As I flew I felt something in me change. Like a part of me had just awoken from a deep slumber. Little did I know that my father had a stun gun under his jacket, but instinct told me to beware.
    The first dart missed me completely but watching its line of fire, it was going to hit Serenity dead on. Changing my course of my flight, I aimed at my father so to prevent him from firing any more darts. The force at which I hit him sent him sprawling and the gun soaring from his hand. Stunned the men holding my mother stood staring at my father. Many began to flee. Changing course again, I aimed for them. I hit two more before I felt the prick of a needle in my neck. The pain caused me to falter in flight and made it so I could see my father was up again, with the gun in hand. I reached up and pulled the dart from my neck, un affected by the cerium inside.
    Throwing it aside I continued on course for the final two men holding my mother. My father let another two darts fly, both connecting with my flesh. Flying at the last man holding my mother, the world fading in and out of view. As I slammed into the man I heard my mother’s terrified scream cut through the bitter air and a white-hot pain shoot through my right wing as I felt a sharp metal object tare the thin flesh of my colored wing.
    Skidding to a halt a few feet from my mother, I watched her break free and come running toward me. Tears of silver slid down her fine pale skinned cheeks as a golden light shined around her. As she kneeled over me, one of the men stepped forward but was stopped by my father. He obviously knew what my mother was doing.
    “Mama, please don’t. Fly! Fly away from. Leave me behind. Don’t use your magic. It will leave you helpless and weak.”
    “You know I can’t leave you. You are my son and you are injured. It is my duty to heal you. True I will be helpless for a time but there is no other way you can survive.”
    “I’m sorry mama.”
    “Don’t be. Look at your wings sweet, you have grown into your color. You have the deep forest green of a warrior of our people. You did your duty as a guardian as you were destined to do.”
    Fascinated by what my mother told me I tried to rise to a sitting position. With my mother’s supportive hand and the warmth of her magic flowing through me, I saw my wings. No longer rainbow in color but instead shown with a deep forest green.
    Then with the golden sheen my wings were once again hidden out of sight. Then I allowed my self to be enfolded in my mother’s arms and fall into the cerium’s hypnotic sleep. I never felt my mother’s weary arms being torn away from my body or the rough ride to the mansion in the hills. I had no memories at all, only wonderful sleep.

Reminds me of Eminem.

I am Sorry Mama...

Banned
    Blog Entries
    "I never meant to hurt you...?"

Sorry...couldn't help it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast