Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 1 of 20 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Traveling and other stuff

Traveling and other stuff

I'm traveling for business right now. Tonight my coworkers and I went out to dinner. Our waitress had an eye patch.

It made me wonder...Ya know, what happened? Is it completely gone? did she have surgery? Did her pet bird peck it out? As she came to our table a few times she was messing with that patch, I was trying to look but didn't want to be obvious. Finally she said the patch was bothering her and she had a sty. (I didn't ask she volunteered) It wasn't anything near where my imagination was going but at least my curiosity was satiated. I guess she got tried of the patch, on the last few trips to our table she had removed the patch. Her eyelid was huge and red and greasy. Slightly not pleasant to look at.

I don't know why I'm relating this adventure other then I had a few cocktails and with the time difference I'm still wide awake.
    Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

Blog Entries
    well, it is gross. I mean you're trying to eat and you have a greasy eye to contend with. Someone could use that in a book - the book could be about anything and then the situation with the eye patch would be this background moment for a transition in the story...

Was it a greasy spoon diner? Or a chain that we've all heard of?

Did you order french fries? Are you sure that was grease on your plate and not remants of her eye balm? Things to ponder...
    "...if you weren't smart enough to get a pedophile in a dress to put a small amount of water on the child’s forehead, then what the eff did you think was going to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Shalot View Post
    well, it is gross. I mean you're trying to eat and you have a greasy eye to contend with. Someone could use that in a book - the book could be about anything and then the situation with the eye patch would be this background moment for a transition in the story...
    I'm not a book writer, so whoever wants it.....

Was it a greasy spoon diner? Or a chain that we've all heard of?
    Sagebrush Steakhouse, this is the first time I've seen one but it looks like a chain.

Did you order french fries? Are you sure that was grease on your plate and not remants of her eye balm? Things to ponder.
    ya know she was rubbing the eye when the eye patch was on.....

Blog Entries
    Papaya, you missed your chance to invite her to our pirate ship. Hay matey. Where's Captain Stan?
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil View Post
    Papaya, you missed your chance to invite her to our pirate ship. Hay matey. Where's Captain Stan?

Darn it!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by papayahed View Post
    Darn it!!
    Yeah, could have matched her up with our fealess Captain. Isn't he looking for a female pirate.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

Yeah, could have matched her up with our fealess Captain. Isn't he looking for a female pirate.

HEY! Mitts off my Stanniepoo!!!!!

Here's what else I don't understand....When the flight crew have to stay overnight in other cities who makes the reservations for them at the hotel? Do they have to do it themselves? Is there someone at the home office taking care of it? Do they just have a block of rooms they always keep?

Blog Entries
    Here's what else I don't understand....When the flight crew have to stay overnight in other cities who makes the reservations for them at the hotel? Do they have to do it themselves? Is there someone at the home office taking care of it? Do they just have a block of rooms they always keep?
    My guess is that the airlines has a deal with certain hotels and puts them up. Next time I travel I'll try to ask a stewardess.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

My guess is that the airlines has a deal with certain hotels and puts them up. Next time I travel I'll try to ask a stewardess.

Your probably right. Now that I think about it they do have a set schedule of what planes are going where and when so I would theink they would know how many hotel rooms they need in each city.

I just love that Graham Norton. Anybody watch him?

Light Bulb moment!!!!! For a few months now I've had the song "What the world needs now, is love sweet love....." In my head, I'd sing it all the time at work and i couldn't figure out why I was gravitating to that song. Just now I saw a commercial for Hershey's Kisses which plays that song.

Pièce de Résistance Scheherazade's Avatar
    I just love that Graham Norton. Anybody watch him?
    Used to watch his shows regularly but not recently.
    ~
    "It is not that I am mad; it is only that my head is different from yours.”
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Scheherazade View Post
    Used to watch his shows regularly but not recently.
    The last time I watched andrew Lloyd Webber was on and Graham decided to cast for modern Jesus' for Jesus Christ superstar. There was a juggling Jesus, a Mime Jesus, etc...

I'm traveling again. I don't like it. I checked into my hotel last night, went to my room and the room hadn't been cleaned yet. It's kinda gross seeing a strangers short curlies in the sink.

Blog Entries
    The last time I watched andrew Lloyd Webber was on and Graham decided to cast for modern Jesus' for Jesus Christ superstar. There was a juggling Jesus, a Mime Jesus, etc...

I'm traveling again. I don't like it. I checked into my hotel last night, went to my room and the room hadn't been cleaned yet. It's kinda gross seeing a strangers short curlies in the sink.
    Eeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!! I would have gone down and given out stink!!!
    "Come away O human child!To the waters of the wild, With a faery hand in hand, For the worlds more full of weeping than you can understand."
    W.B.Yeats

"If it looks like a Dwarf and smells like a Dwarf, then it's probably a Dwarf (or a latrine wearing dungarees)"
    Artemins Fowl and the Lost Colony by Eoin Colfer

my poems-please comment Forum Rules

Page 1 of 20 12345611 ... LastLast