Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1757626364656667
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1000

Thread: What are you *supposed* to be doing right now!?

I am writing a few poems as some ideas cropped inside me. I am not a poet and do not know the craft of poetry. Yet some impulses arose within me and sought a shape and that resulted in the poems. I know most of you do not like my poems but the taste is totally private and distinct.

At this moment poetry is occupying me and imagination and passion is flooding my mind.

This is the youthfulness of me, maturity or ripeness in age, spirit, emotion and imagination. Yet the words and style needed for versification is wanting a bit

All are at the crossroads qimissung's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Clearing out my bedroom and dining room for some work we're having done. Why does life involve so much physical labor?
    "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its' own reason for existing." ~ Albert Einstein
    "Remember, no matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Bonzai
    "Some people say I done alright for a girl." Melanie Safka

I should be studying for my Western Music History and finish my Ethnomusicology paper. Yeah, I can't focus. I have a tendency to delay my work when I have to do it.

Pièce de Résistance Scheherazade's Avatar
    Nothing... Absolutely nothing in more than a month!
    ~
    "It is not that I am mad; it is only that my head is different from yours.”
    ~

Skol'er of Thinkery The Comedian's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gettin' ready for class. And maybe grading those quizzes.
    “Oh crap”
    -- Hellboy

Blog Entries
    Checking on my boyfriend. Note: heatstroke is gross.
    "Personal note: When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare into the sun. So once when I was six, I did. At first the brightness was overwhelming, but I had seen that before. I kept looking, forcing myself not to blink, and then the brightness began to dissolve. My pupils shrunk to pinholes and everything came into focus and for a moment I understood. The doctors didn't know if my eyes would ever heal."
    -Pi

Blog Entries
    I should be finishing Kate Tansy's demo art right now (check her out by the way she's awesome http://www.facebook.com/HIPPIEGOLUCKYRECORDS ), and probably airing up my bike tire, and finishing my comic. I dunno what else, that's good enough I already weeded.
    "We are animals with problems that no other animal has." - Radam J. Starkiller

I should be revising my book but I can only stand so much of the editing/revision process each day.

I should also do laundry, a chore I'll never be able to keep up with.
    All good books have one thing in common- they are truer than if they had really happened. (Hemingway)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Melysnl View Post
    I should be revising my book but I can only stand so much of the editing/revision process each day.

I should also do laundry, a chore I'll never be able to keep up with.
    pay someone to do that. my best friends mother used to do that, but she was payed like 2-3 grand for it. shes a published writer too. so if you happen to be rich lol...
    "We are animals with problems that no other animal has." - Radam J. Starkiller

Blog Entries
    I should be writing about Montaigne, reading Gide and going over a few articles for school, school happens to mean a lot of work and to little time to do it all, specially when you hang out here.
    I hope death is joyful, and I hope I'll never return -Frida Khalo

If I seem insensitive to what you are going through, understand it's the way I am- Mr. Spock

Personally, I think that the unique and supreme delight lies in the certainty of doing 'evil'–and men and women know from birth that all pleasure lies in evil. - Baudelaire