Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 24 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1419202122232425262728293474 ... LastLast

Thread: Stan's Dasterdly Ship

Just another nerd RobinHood3000's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No no no, you misunderstand--god-modding describes what Scher and her crew have been doing. It means that they write the overarching outcomes of their actions without giving the opposing side an opportunity to respond (such as with their kidnapping of Brandi).
    Por una cabeza
    Si ella me olvida
    Qué importa perderme
    Mil veces la vida
    Para qué vivir

Blog Entries
    Oh thanks. I thought I had broken some mafia oath and was going to get whacked!
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    regular Riesa here, oops, sorry for god-modding, this is all new to me...
    "Don't matter who they are, anybody sets foot in this house, they are company and don't let me catch you remarking on their ways like you were so high and mighty."

Blog Entries
    s'okay...iddqd...now lets be lootin their ship, an succesfully I might be addin...idkfa, and fer good measure...idbeholdi...

Charge mates, aint nothin stoppin us nows!

---------------
    Stanislaw Lem
    1921 - 2006, Rest In Peace.
    "Faith is, at one and the same time, absolutely necessary and altogether impossible"

Pièce de Résistance Scheherazade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinHood3000
    No no no, you misunderstand--god-modding describes what Scher and her crew have been doing. It means that they write the overarching outcomes of their actions without giving the opposing side an opportunity to respond (such as with their kidnapping of Brandi).
    I didn't realise we were RPing as such... Thought we were merely goofing around but do let us read the Dummy's Guide to RPing or Universal Code for RPing or something so that we won't break any rules.
    ~
    "It is not that I am mad; it is only that my head is different from yours.”
    ~

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scheherazade
    I didn't realise we were RPing as such... Thought we were merely goofing around but do let us read the Dummy's Guide to RPing or Universal Code for RPing or something so that we won't break any rules.

rule breaking? I do believe that jack sparrow said it the best: "Pirate"

---------------
    Stanislaw Lem
    "Faith is, at one and the same time, absolutely necessary and altogether impossible"

Wow you get sick a couple of days and miss everything. Well I have to earn me bread so I will jump over board in the dark of night(sharks are kind to me) and swim as silently as one can who is still sick and shivering, over to the Amazon Queen(lovely name but it will not save you lady Scher). Now were is that string, oh right tied to me hip. I undoes the string what is tied to a large soup can(i carefully cleaned it and pushed away any sharp ends) and now I ties part to that rusty nail stickin out by that round window yonder.Now I swims back, this string is a mile long I bet(didn't pay attention to how much I was windin) and now I am back. gar I feel like I will be sick any minute. I climbs aboard shaking like a leaf and now I ties the other end with a large clean tin can to the railin of our own precious ship.(well as long as we are both still travelin at the same steady speeds, else the string will snap.)
    Now cap'n we can hear all their conversations and takes orders from ye based on what those treacherous yet pretty girls are sayin.
    Now where is a blanket and some medicine. I will lay in a corner by meself, don't want anyone catchin anything.
    Last edited by rachel; 03-15-2006 at 03:07 PM. Reason: spelling, what else

fated loafer
    It seems to be clear that both piratic idiocrities must be joined for maximum swarthiness. Stealthy Simon by day and Salacious Simon by night?

Three bottles of Rum, Rachel for your efforts.

Blog Entries
    Aye, and three cheers after that! (Although she may be unconscious and unable to hear us after so much rum...)
    Por una cabeza
    Si ella me olvida
    Qué importa perderme
    Mil veces la vida
    Para qué vivir

i had like a thimbleful of whiskey once at an Italian wedding and although it was me that was sent to get drinks for everyone from the table at front I promptly forgot who I was and where I was, found a room with some sort of cot on it and went to sleep.
    When I woke up I still didn't know much but some really sweet guys had been standing guard over me(we became friends) and forbid me to ever drink again. they needn't have bothered. headache. but I will use those bottles dear Simon(how's the water problem and mold eh? gone I hope) i will use them as an antiseptic for any of our precious crew that gets hurt.
    Now shh, I can hear lady Scher making fun of us , what is a ..never mind I figured it out. humpf, how rude. and what is that Papaya is laughing hysterically and that traiterous Riesa-I want my hugs back!. Oh and what is this they are going to stuff all Scher's left over toast mixed with black plague into the canon and fire away at dawn. Help what shall we do, Robin , M'LOrd do SOMETHING. groans, I have to lay down.

Blog Entries
    ~shoots rachel with a Sedative Arrow and borrows Chava's hammock so as to lay rachel to sleep~

Slumber your sobriety back, milady...to battle!
    Por una cabeza
    Si ella me olvida
    Qué importa perderme
    Mil veces la vida
    Para qué vivir

Blog Entries
    Heh, I just be havin a thought, o, any one be seein the movie yojimbo/fist full of dollars/last man standing...be on the lookout fer a smancy pants buckaneer that be a flittin between o two sides.

as an aside: normal stanislaw (well as normal as I get) I found a robin hood game for the ps2, its pretty fun.

---------------
    Stanislaw Lem

fated loafer
    Maybe we should change that to Vodka's which is better for you than rum, not that alcohol is good for you in general. It really does seem to become a growing problem. No wait I take back the Rum Rachel and I give you three thermos fulls of rich dark hot chocolate with infused caramel. How's that?

How come Stan can go all iddqd/idkfa/idbeholdi and we're not allowed to god-mod? And what about all the super duper weaponry? Like the fancy arrows? Poor Locksley has to be tossing in his grave. That's not god-moding? There might be those (abridged) rules but I say the Amazons are not the only ones god-modding. I really have no idea how to RP 'correctly'.
    Why can't we just stick to the pirate thing and have fun? Like ever seen a pirate with a missile? Or was it a torpedo? I prefer potato mash to that . Talking of which, since my capture... did I bite anyone? Kick anyone's shins? Took The Dasterdly apart? Is it 'right' for me to actually say I bit Robin's hand and fled just right after he's pulled me on board? Is that god-modding? Arrrrr, this be confusing.
    I have a plan: attack!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay
    How come Stan can go all iddqd/idkfa/idbeholdi and we're not allowed to god-mod? And what about all the super duper weaponry? Like the fancy arrows? Poor Locksley has to be tossing in his grave. That's not god-moding? There might be those (abridged) rules but I say the Amazons are not the only ones god-modding. I really have no idea how to RP 'correctly'.
    Why can't we just stick to the pirate thing and have fun? Like ever seen a pirate with a missile? Or was it a torpedo? I prefer potato mash to that . Talking of which, since my capture... did I bite anyone? Kick anyone's shins? Took The Dasterdly apart? Is it 'right' for me to actually say I bit Robin's hand and fled just right after he's pulled me on board? Is that god-modding? Arrrrr, this be confusing.
    Arrr! Not from the satelite, me lad!