Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help w/term paper

Help w/term paper

Prepare a 1750-2450-word research paper that analyzes the influences of race as it relates to your community. Write an autobiography about how human interactions in your community have been racialized or gendered. For the community, you can consider relations within your neighborhood, local government, service groups, clubs, schools, workplace, or any environment of which you are a part. In your paper, be sure to answer the following core questions and provide examples:

· Do members of your community look like you? In what ways do they look the same or different?

· How do leaders within your community treat people who are like you? How do they treat people who are different?

· How do other members of your community treat people who are like you? How do they treat people who are different?

· Do your textbooks/work manuals contain information by or about people like you?

· Do the local media represent people like you? If so, in what ways?

· What are some similarities and differences between you and the people who are in leadership positions in your community? Do you feel minority group interests are represented within your community?

· If you could resolve any inequities within your community, what would you change? How and why?

· Which theories from the text relate to racial or gender issues? Apply these theories to your project.

12 Ensure the following elements are included:

· The thesis addresses racial and gender issues in your local community.

· The content is comprehensive and accurate.

· The paper itself draws on your personal experiences with and opinions about cultural diversity in your community.

· Three sources are used, and one source is a community member, leader, or representative from a local community organization.

· The paper is written in first-person point of view, with an autobiographical approach.

· Textbook theories are applied to your observations.

· Assignment questions are answered.

· The paper includes perspectives from supporting sources.

· The conclusion is logical, flows from the body of the paper, and reviews the major points.

· Paragraph transitions are present.

· The tone is appropriate.

· Sentences are well-constructed.

· The paper, title page, and references follow APA guidelines.

· Rules of grammar, usage, and punctuation are followed.

· Spelling is correct.

yes, that's me, your friendly Moderator 💚 Logos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hello peego and how long do you have to write your paper?
    Forum » Rules » FAQ » Tags » Blogs » Groups » Quizzes » e-Texts »
    📚 📚 📒 📓 📙 📘 📖 ✍🏻 📔 📒 📗 📒 📕 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Hello peego and how long do you have to write your paper?
    i have until july 2. as long it had 1750-2450 words in it
    Last edited by peego; 06-27-2005 at 12:21 AM.

dancing before the storms baddad's Avatar
    lat.51.7,long.114.13,1140m above sea level
    Welcome Peego!

Well, it looks as if the format for the paper is well layed out for you. Its straightforward requisites make your approach easier to decide upon. It is also a great bonus that the paper asks for YOUR experience and observations concerning the matters at hand. Simply note your own reactions, experiences and conclusions you have drawn from your own interactions within the defined environment. What could be easier?? What I don't understand is ...........do you have a particular question concerning this assignment, or just a general difficulty in beginning it?

Don't let the minimum/maximum word count limits bother you overly much. By the time you finish putting to paper your thoughts/facts/observations you will discover that words are abundant, and concise portrayal of your thoughts will easily overwhelm any worries you may have about not being able to fulfull any limits imposed. Good luck my friend.....

I wrote a ton of essays, and I hope I've posted this soon enough, but here it goes:
    1) Avoid the use of "I" I did it alot. I know how people respond. I always hear that people keep telling me that I pontificate when I use the word "I" I seriously mean it.
    2) Tell it how it is. Be blunt and direct. See this a chance to correct societal inequities by promoting awareness. Don't write for the audience, write for you. The audience can kill writing, even a simple term paper.
    Last edited by bestseller; 07-01-2005 at 09:58 PM. Reason: "tellking" is not a word. My hands believe that it is, though I have not consciously chosen to type it.

same paper

I too have the same assignment. I could use a little assistance. I am not as clear on the subject matter as peego. help?

Quote Originally Posted by Gifted_Idiot
    I too have the same assignment. I could use a little assistance. I am not as clear on the subject matter as peego. help?
    If your teacher/professor has give you any instructions, then you should post them for us to review. It is hard to believe that you would be asked to write a paper and not given any sort of instructions or guidelines. And when is your paper due?

I must say, the instructions given to peego are breathtaking in their completeness and clarity.

Anyway, Gifted_Idiot: please post as much as you can remember about the instructions and guidelines for this paper, including the number of pages in length (how big a paper must it be?) and the date that the assignment is due.

If you are uncertain about these matters, then you should make every effort to approach your teacher and request guidance and advice.

exact same assigment and specifications as peego

my question is, I have not experienced any racial issues in my life. So I will have to write this from another perspective. right?

Prepare a 1750-2450-word research paper that analyzes the influences of race as it relates to your community. Write an autobiography about how human interactions in your community have been racialized or gendered. For the community, you can consider relations within your neighborhood, local government, service groups, clubs, schools, workplace, or any environment of which you are a part. In your paper, be sure to answer the following core questions and provide examples:

· Do members of your community look like you? In what ways do they look the same or different?

· How do leaders within your community treat people who are like you? How do they treat people who are different?

· How do other members of your community treat people who are like you? How do they treat people who are different?

· Do your textbooks/work manuals contain information by or about people like you?

· Do the local media represent people like you? If so, in what ways?

· What are some similarities and differences between you and the people who are in leadership positions in your community? Do you feel minority group interests are represented within your community?

· If you could resolve any inequities within your community, what would you change? How and why?

· Which theories from the text relate to racial or gender issues? Apply these theories to your project.

12 Ensure the following elements are included:

· The thesis addresses racial and gender issues in your local community.

· The content is comprehensive and accurate.

· The paper itself draws on your personal experiences with and opinions about cultural diversity in your community.

· Three sources are used, and one source is a community member, leader, or representative from a local community organization.

· The paper is written in first-person point of view, with an autobiographical approach.

· Textbook theories are applied to your observations.

· Assignment questions are answered.

· The paper includes perspectives from supporting sources.

· The conclusion is logical, flows from the body of the paper, and reviews the major points.

· Paragraph transitions are present.

· The tone is appropriate.

· Sentences are well-constructed.

· The paper, title page, and references follow APA guidelines.

· Rules of grammar, usage, and punctuation are followed.

· Spelling is correct.

What country and city/town did you grow up in? I ask this so we can get a better idea of what kind of racial/ethnic diversity is in your area. Perhaps you can ask the instructor if it is ok for you to find someone to interview who HAS had such experiences, and then write your paper based on that.

You assignment is so subjective, being based on your own experience, that it is kind of difficult for anyone to "do it for you." (Not that I am implying that anyone could or should "do it for you". How long do you have before the paper is due?

What are these "text book theories" that are mentioned. Do you have special text books? Did you do all the reading assignments?

my question is, I have not experienced any racial issues in my life. So I will have to write this from another perspective. right?
    From what the outline states. You can use your own perspective even if you haven't been the target of racial prejudice. Think about your High School....certainly there are members of more than one race in attendance. How are those minority students treated? Did you ever feel badly towards one of them because of stereotypes? Did getting to know someone of a different race change your preconceived opinions? How do other members of your race view members of differing races?

If you approach the essay in this way....you should be able to have more than enough content to finish the essay.

As stated before.....don't use words like: I, me, you (unless your teacher said otherwise)
    Also avoid any words which are vague: it, like, etc.
    Last edited by LV_Designs; 08-18-2005 at 07:22 PM.
    "I love fools' experiments....I am always making them."

I have 8 weeks to complete this. I have to supply a 8-10 slide poewrpoint presentation to go with it. I am cool with the powerpoint part.

I have 8 weeks to complete this. I have to supply a 8-10 slide poewrpoint presentation to go with it. I am cool with the powerpoint part.

What are you wanting us to help you with? No one here is going to write the term paper for you. If you already know what your power point is going to be you should be able to expand upon it to create your essay.

I would not ask anyone to write any paper for me. I am offended that you would entertain that idea. I was just asking for some help as to the subject matter. There are strict limits put on the ppt. I cannot use that as my term paper. Thanks anyway, i will figure it out myself.

The outline is fairly straight forward...You really shouldn't need help at all.

Pièce de Résistance Scheherazade's Avatar
    If you don't have any constructive feedbacks, please feel free to ignore any thread; especially those seeking help.
    ~
    "It is not that I am mad; it is only that my head is different from yours.”
    ~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast