View RSS Feed

Memories of the 28th Century

Miscellaneous thoughts about miscellaneous matters

1. Improving Personal Fitness

by , 06-21-2016 at 04:29 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    It has been alleged that more than two thirds of American adults are overweight or obese, and more than a third are obese. Whoever defines such things redefined those things about twenty years ago and, in an instant, doubled the obesity rate in the U.S., but putting that aside there are many Americans who could stand to drop a few pounds, and I am including myself. I had a stroke of genius today while sitting in a place where a wide variety of people wandered around.

If the ones ...

Updated 06-21-2016 at 04:56 PM by PeterL

Tags: nudity, obesity
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Regarding Stupidity and Homelessness

by , 06-08-2016 at 01:56 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    A few days ago I started a thoughtful and detailed blog on the problem of homelessness in the U.S.A., its causes, and suggestions for correcting the problem. After considering the matter more carefully, I realized that I was wasting my time, because the fundamental problem is stupidity, plain and simple. I realize that this is somewhat oversimplified, but when we get down to the nitty-gritty that’s what’s there. But I will admit to over-generalizing. I am somewhat familiar with the homeless population ...
  3. That Time of the Month

by , 06-03-2016 at 04:37 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    or
    Is Astrology Valid?

I think that women have gotten a bad rap with respect to PMS. It appears that many people, maybe even most people, act up around the dark of the Moon. Women have been using their monthly period as an excuse, but I think that is a red herring, because many men act as badly but they don’t have that excuse. Unfortunately, I have nothing except personal observations as evidence for this, so I have to shoot from the hip on this one.

It is ...

Updated 06-07-2016 at 01:43 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Funerary Rites and Petrification

by , 05-19-2016 at 04:47 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I don’t know when humans started doing something special to the bodies of dead companions, relatives, and friends, but it seems to have been several tens of thousands of years or longer. Apparently there isn’t a lot of information about the origin of funereal customs, but they go back more than 60,000 years. The remains of some Neanderthals have been found buried with flowers and dyes that suggest the idea of sending them to some afterlife. Burial would have kept them from being eaten by scavengers, ...
  5. Quelle Barbe (What a Beard)

by , 05-08-2016 at 03:29 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    It has been a few decades since I wore a beard, and back then I sometimes liked having a beard. In recent times beards changed significantly, and I don't much like the change. Back in those antediluvian times men wore full beards. When the beard became long, it might be trimmed, but regular trimming was not common.

Thinking back, it seems that the characters on TV who were bearded had full beards. I don't recall anything different, except for some strange people who grew full beards ...

Updated 05-09-2016 at 08:09 AM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized