The Garden Party by Katherine Mansfield
    Judas Iscariot and Others by Leonid Andreyev
    The Waif Woman by Robert Louis Stevenson
    Hide and Seek by Fiodor Sologub
    God Sees the Truth but Waits by Leo Tolstoy

Categories
    Books
  2. My New Baby

You can breathe easy and know that I have not completely lost my mind and reproduced a human child (Shudder) but I do now have this little darling:

(I do not know how to post phots dircetly into the blog but you can clink on the links to view, brace yourself for ultimate cuteness)

DSC05494.jpg

DSC05495.jpg

DSC05496.jpg

So now as you may know my new baby is of the fury, for legged non-human variety. ...
    Categories
    Random Musings
  3. My Horror Reading Fest

September is almost over, and I eagerly await October, because I am already in Halloween mode.

So here is my annual list of October/Halloween reading:

Glimmering by Elizabeth Hand

The Strain by Guillermo Del Toro - I loved his movie Pan's Labyrinth and when I first heard him talking about this book on the Daily Show I was super excited about it, and now of course I am into the TV series.

The Maze Runner by James Dashner - Not scary ...
    Categories
    Books
  4. It is Raining Cats

All morning my cat has been bouncing around all over the place. I don't know if he was chasing after birds, or playing with other cats, or just hyper, but I would hear him thunking back and forth from the roof, to the tree, to the fence.

I was going about my business just getting a few things done that I needed to do, when I happened to walk into the kitchen to grab something to eat and than wandered into the living room while I was eating. Suddenly I hear this noise, like something ...
    Categories
    Random Musings
  5. The Moviegoer

Once upon a time ago, I was asked to share my thoughts on The Moviegoer when I got around to reading it. So I figured I would honor that request still though it has been some time ago.

I was left with some very mixed feelings about this book. It did have a sort of Southern Gothic vibe to it (in my admittedly limited experience with that genre) and I tend to find that Southern Gothic is a genre that usually just doesn't really connect very well with me.

But with that ...
    Categories
    Books