This is a reminder to you, that when you registered to become a user of The Literature Network you agreed to the following:
1. “By clicking the Agree button, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.....” etc. *see below
2. These are privately owned and run public access sites. The Administrators of The Literature Network and The Poetry Post reserve the right to refuse membership to anyone, at any time, for any reason. These rules are subject to change at any time. It is your responsibility to acquaint yourself with them and govern yourself accordingly.
3. The Administrators and Moderators oversee these all-ages forums and, not always with notification, may edit or delete inappropriate content that violates any of these rules and/or that is not in compliance with COPPA.org.
4. In general, you may not use your membership privileges here via posting text or images in the forums, signature lines, tags, blog entries or blog comments, profile visitor messages, social groups, photo albums, or private messages for:
a) flaming, baiting, trolling, or ad hominem (for example personally attacking or insulting other members),
b) maliciously hijacking discussion topics,
c) deliberately posting so as to circumvent the inappropriate word filters or not posting in the English language,
d) threatening, harassing, abusing or intimidating other members,
e) spamming -- posting commercial messages, overtly promoting personal or commercial websites or services, and/or promoting/advertising other forums,
f) flooding -- posting multiple posts or topics in a short period of time,
g) any illegal activity, and,
h) any other disruptive behaviour that negatively affects other members’ fair use of this site.
5. Using the Report Button: Please do not abuse the Reporting system for reporting a member's forum threads, posts, private messages, blog entries, blog or profile comments, or group posts, etc. 1 report is sufficient to bring to the Moderator's and Administrator's attention a member's activity. Multiple reports made can be considered as abuse and can result in infractions or a permanent forum ban.
6. If you are going to refer to or use content from other sites, authors, or entities, you must include a link or citation for it. You cannot copy and paste entire articles, stories, poems, or etc. from other sites or entities as that is copyright infringement, and contributes nothing to discussion. You should not need more than a few lines, sentences, or maybe a paragraph, to make your point in reference to the topic/discussion. From Copyright.gov ; “Under the fair use doctrine of the U.S. copyright statute, it is permissible to use limited portions of a work including quotes, for purposes such as commentary, criticism, news reporting, and scholarly reports.” Passing off others’ work as your own, whether unintentionally or purposefully, is copyright infringement, and the Literature Network abides by the Copyright Laws of the United States of America and of other countries where applicable.
7. Discussion of current politics is not allowed. Also see this topic’s post titled “Political Discussion”.
8. Violations of these rules will not be tolerated and may result in warnings, infractions issued, and/or a temporary or permanent ban. Multiple accounts to circumvent bans or disrupt the forums will not be tolerated.
9. The Administrators’ and Moderators’ decisions are final. If you have a question or concern regarding these forum rules or a moderating decision, you can send a Private Message or email to Logos, Scheherazade, or the Site Administrator to address the issue(s). Keep it off the boards.
These forums were created to promote reading, sharing, and discussion of literature, poetry, philosophy, teaching, religious texts, and writing. There is also an area for general chat. These rules are enforced to ensure that the atmosphere here is as positive and harmonious as possible for as many people as possible of all ages, all faiths, all religions, and all backgrounds.
Updated 12 December 2011.
* Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.
Although the administrators and moderators of Literature Network Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Literature Network Forums, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
The owners of Literature Network Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
By agreeing to these rules you are granting the owners of this forum the irrevocable right to publish the content you submit to this website on this website. By submitting content to this website you acknowledge your implicit permission in allowing us to publish that content for as long as the website exists.