Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: What would you say to Jesus if you met him?

Spiral out, keep going Metanoia's Avatar
    It would go something like this: " Jesus, I'm dissapointed in your negligence for the human race. Where have you been all this time? Why, if There is "one true religion" allow so many other religions to hold sway over peoples lifes, leading them astray, condeming their eternal soul. How do you expect people to know which religion is the right one? Furthermore, why not abolish religion altogether? It has created so many wars, so many unhealthy and damaging disputes."
    The human race's prospects of survival were considerably better when we were defenceless against tigers than they are today when we have become defenceless against ourselves.
    Arnold J. Toynbee

Blog Entries
    I don't spend much time in the religious areas of literature network.
    "Don't matter who they are, anybody sets foot in this house, they are company and don't let me catch you remarking on their ways like you were so high and mighty."

Quote Originally Posted by Riesa View Post
    I would say, " hi there, sexy."

I don't spend much time in the religious areas of literature network.
    Oh, 'tis a shame. I frequent this forum most nowadays. I really wish there was more traffic here.
    com-pas-sion (n.) [ME. & OFr. <LL. (Ec.) compassio, sympathy < compassus, pp. of compati, to feel pity < L. com-, together + pali, to suffer] sorrow for the sufferings or trouble of another or others, accompanied by an urge to help; deep sympathy; pity

Dostoevsky Forum!

lovingly in his eyes, snugly in his arms, safely in his heart...
    I would smile, then greet him with peace, 'Asalamu alaikum'.
    Then I'd ask him if he was sad, disappointed or angry that people call him a god, and worship him, when he's really the prophet of God.
    "My warm hands have made the paper limp,
    So that its feel reminds me of slept-in sheets: comfortable and safe"

"All these things I say... I say them because I want you to know, I don't ever want to regret afterwards that I didn't say enough, I would rather say too much." ~ Samuel Selvon

Blog Entries
    People are afraid of the twilight
    Last edited by Riesa; 04-23-2008 at 11:46 PM.
    "Don't matter who they are, anybody sets foot in this house, they are company and don't let me catch you remarking on their ways like you were so high and mighty."

seasonably mediocre Il Penseroso's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I would perhaps say something to the effect of "Let's get a beer"

and then when drunk we would probably end up in a heated debate over the Nature of god.
    and somehow a dog
    has taken itself & its tail considerably away
    into the mountains or sea or sky, leaving
    behind: me, wag.
    - John Berryman

You should see what a mockery they have made out of you.

“The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along.” - Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by Antiquarian View Post
    I think people are afraid of the controversy that can erupt, Dori. I know I am.
    I don't understand why though.
    com-pas-sion (n.) [ME. & OFr. <LL. (Ec.) compassio, sympathy < compassus, pp. of compati, to feel pity < L. com-, together + pali, to suffer] sorrow for the sufferings or trouble of another or others, accompanied by an urge to help; deep sympathy; pity

Dostoevsky Forum!

I think I'd ask him what heaven was like. And I'd insist that he be specific, not the typical nonsense. Do we remember our lives on earth--our friends, our pets, our loves? Do we retain our identities as individuals? If so, what do we do? Can we read books? Do we interact with others? Are our former pets and loved ones there? If not, why not?

It's all about getting into heaven so why not get some specifics? I just can't imagine any place that I could spend infinity in. After a trillion years or so, I think I'd be getting pretty bored. So I'd want to know what time is like in heaven.

Doug
    “The air was soft, the stars so fine, the promise of every cobbled alley so great that I thought I was in a dream.” -Jack Kerouac

Regular Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    I just can't imagine any place that I could spend infinity in.

Then maybe you haven't ever been in love. Anywhere with true love is a great place to spend forever.

I would say, " hi there, sexy."
    That reminds me of when I was younger, I think late elementary or something like that. I had a huge crush on Ted Neeley who played Jesus in Jesus Christ Superstar and I had a poster of him in my room and my brother was soooo offended that I thought Jesus was cute. I tried to point out I didn't think Jesus was cute, I thought the actor was cute but he was still offended.

And I don't think I would say anything, I would just listen.
    the luminous grass of the prairie hides
    feet lovely and still as sleeping doves,
    porcelain bones strong enough to carry a life,
    but weighty and unmovable
    As black Dakota hills.
    ~ Riesa

Blah!

i think i would ask what he thought about having been re-created as a godling, and having been used countless times to justify murder and torture.

then id ask him about the jehova's witnesses. id bet a dollar he wouldnt like them any more than i do.

Quote Originally Posted by dzebra View Post
    Then maybe you haven't ever been in love. Anywhere with true love is a great place to spend forever.
    Hi dzebra,

How would you know this since 'forever' hasn't come yet--in fact, it never will. The thread's subject is what would we ask Jesus were we to meet him/it. And I would want to know if heaven lasts forever. And I'd want to know how he/it knows this if forever never comes. And if it does indeed last forever, what's the point? Why?

Cheers,
    Doug
    “The air was soft, the stars so fine, the promise of every cobbled alley so great that I thought I was in a dream.” -Jack Kerouac

Blog Entries
    Is this thread just a way to express hostility toward religion? I thought we were suppose to respect religions on lit net.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

Regular Guy
    That's a good point. I have never experienced 'forever.' The closest I know is only a medium amount of time, but something that I have experienced that gets better over time (love), if it follows the same trend always, will be good forever.

What would I say to Jesus? Probably just something simple like, "It's good to see you."

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast