Page 233 of 465 FirstFirst ... 133183223228229230231232233234235236237238243283333 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 6973

Thread: Introduce Yourself here and say Hi.

Hi

I came across this site while doing a google search of E. P. Oppenheim, some of whose novel I have recently read. I am a middle aged man, not retired, an avid reader, and have a non scholarly interest in the period from the eighties through WWI: golden age detective fiction and thrillers, bolt action rifles, boy scouting, anarchism, terrorism, Saki, Stevenson, Kipling, Wodehouse (to make a start).

hi, im new here , i came across this while doing research on plato's work ,well im 19 years old , im interseted in philosophy and science fiction

Hi all , i'm a newbie here so go easy !!

It looks a great site and hopefully i'll get some great ideas for my reading list from you all !

Well Hi!

Hello to all,

My name is Robin, but my screen name is Totoro because I love the Japanese film: My neighbor Totoro. (Its a classic watch it if you haven't!)
    Lets see....

I love film and anything to do with it, photography, etc. I also love art. I paint and draw. My favorite artist is Salvador Dali. His paintings always make me think about things on a deeper level which is why I love his work so much.
    I also love to read, and will read basically anything I get my hands on, including big textbooks and encyclopedias that no one else cares about.

I can't honestly say I have a favorite book above all the others, because there are just too many to like. But some of my favorites include:

-A Scanner Darkly by Phillip K Dick
    -1984 by George Orwell
    -To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
    -The Magicians Nephew by CS Lewis
    -Anything by Andrew Lang or the Grimm Brothers.
    -Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson

I also have a fondness for children's literature. One in particular is
    Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
    by Bill Martin Jr. and John Archambault

And another beloved pastime is archery.

Decided to post.

Have been a long time reader, but just now decided to post something. I tend to lean to Keats and Frost for my favorite poems. Just wanted to say Hi to everyone.

hey, I'm Moh Sulaiman from Palestine . I'm a second-year student of English Depatment

hello friends

hello friends,

i am priti an indian,currently based in bangkok.i love reading books,in fact one of my friend told me that Gitanjali written by Dr Ravindranath Tagore is a master piece and everyone must read it.so in search of it i landed here.
    so have great time bye

I just joined this network a few minutes ago. I got into fiction recently after having only been interested in non-fiction for most of my life. I especially enjoy Anton Chekhov and George Orwell. Reading "The Lady and the Dog" by Chekhov convinced me that there is a mysterious value to reading fiction that I had never known existed. I have a blog about topics that interest me and I'd like to make the URL my signature in order to hopefully drive some traffic there. Can anyone tell me how to make add a signature to my posts?
    Last edited by Scheherazade; 03-07-2009 at 03:35 AM. Reason: url

Hello everyone,

I have literally just joined this forum after a 'Yahoo' search and liked the look of it. I have been an avid reader for as long as I can remember and am prepared to give most genres a try. Some of the books that I have recently read are:

'Keeping the World Away' by Margaret Forster
    'The Secret River' by Kate Grenville
    'The Lieutenant' by Kate Grenville
    'Engleby' by Sebastian Faulks
    'Restless' by William Boyd

As well as reading I also enjoy languages, theatre, music and walking.

I'm very much looking forward to meeting some of you around the forum.

i,m a new member here *****, really very neat site.

Will read up and hopefully have something good to say.

Blog Entries
    hi, I'm new to this site. I grew up on books and my love for reading turned into writing. Then my interests took a new direction, moving away from the written word to visual arts. My friend told me about this site and urges me to join, so here I am. Ready to reconnect.

Blog Entries
    Haunted, Welcome to the forum. I know you will find it interesting here and soon feel quite at home.

Welcome to all the Newcomers - wow, there are sooo many! I had not realised. Haven't been in this thread for a long time now.
    "It's so mysterious, the land of tears."

Chapter 7, The Little Prince ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Haunted View Post
    hi, I'm new to this site. I grew up on books and my love for reading turned into writing. Then my interests took a new direction, moving away from the written word to visual arts. My friend told me about this site and urges me to join, so here I am. Ready to reconnect.
    Welcome Haunted. I am sure lit net will be a place of pleasure and a fun way to pass some time. We're a friendly bunch. Several people here are into visual arts as well.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jassica View Post
    Hi everybody!
    I love literature very much, books have been my best friend since... since I was near 4 years old. So, in this forum I want to discuss different books with other people. Most of all I like to read novels and Russian poems.
    I am from Russia and I am sorry of my, maybe sometimes, bad english)
    Hello!Even though I live in the southern neighbor of Russia, I think I can feel how precious your language and literature is!

Hey everyone, names Bastable and i'm from Australia. I'm doing Psychology at uni with a few literature units thrown in as well. I love reading a good book, (i don't discriminate on whether it's a classic or not, I enjoy reading both Dostoevsky and Stephen King) drinking coffee and listening to music... so yeah, i hope to have a lot of good literature discussions with you all