View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Happy Aniversary

by , 05-25-2010 at 07:25 AM (Away with the Fairies- The Travel Diary of an Irish WebFairy)
    This day last year was when myself and Kilted first expressed our feelings. We've just spent the last year together (in a long distance way) and its been a wonderful year. In four days we'll be living together.
    Happy Aniversary Sweetie.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. my big boy

by , 05-24-2010 at 04:34 PM (day in a life)
    today is my son's birthday, he is 4 years old and he is just so big. I feel so young and not old or mature enough to have such a big smart boy. I hate parties but he had so much fun today playing with his friends and eating a cake with a pic of buzz lightyear and woody, it's his favourite movie. I asked him this morning what he wanted for his birthday dinner and he said without hesitation 'pizza from a store not made at home' he loves dominoes and thinks we should do that more often, I don't really ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. 2010 Cannes Results

by , 05-23-2010 at 04:34 PM (A Mirror Floating in Water)
    This year at Cannes film festival, Thai film Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives won the Palme d'Or. It was directed by Apichatpong Weerasethakul.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk-EoUb0nvg

Judging from the trailer it looks like a calm surrealist film shrouded in ambiguity and the supernatural but with a meditative and steady style not dissimilar to Weerasethakul's other work.

The synopsis from Wikipedia: Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. A Walk Through Shymkent

The days get long not being with the comforts of home, not having any TV channels in English, and not knowing a soul in town. Our U.K. friends have gone home now that they have passed their court date, and there is only so much reading one can do. Thank God for the internet. Its a life line. Today we decided to go to the bazaar. This town was known as a stopping point along the Silk Road (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silk_Road) to China, and the bazaar is the marketplace for local commerce. ...

Updated 08-03-2010 at 02:43 PM by Virgil

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Pride or no Pride?

There is an obvious running theme throughout my blog post, which is gay issues. Well today's blog is no different .

So, I recently had a little conversation with a friend where I got a little uppity about the use of the word faggot. My friend responded that I shouldn't worry about the use of the word because I'm "just gay" and not "one of those faggots." Of course, I asked what the difference was. Apparently, I'm not a faggot because I don't "wear sparkingly ...

Updated 08-13-2010 at 07:58 AM by OrphanPip

Categories
    LGBT Issues