View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Gentrification

by , 05-21-2010 at 02:11 PM (Rabid Thinking)
    One of the places I spent much of my childhood was in Vancouver BC. My mother worked as a research assistant for Anthropologist studying prostitutes in the Vancouver Redlight district. In my time in British Columbia, I was always astonished on how free the people there were. There was a segment of the population that choose restraint and longed for control, but they were minimal at best. The city wasn't perfect obviously the legends of drug related crime and gang conflicts were very much a reality ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Itís A Manís World Out Here

There are not a lot of people here in Shymkent that speak English. Oh some people know a word or two, but hardly more than that. Weíre lucky in a way. A couple from the United Kingdom (Wales, specifically) is also out here for their adoption, and my wife has been in contact with them for at least a month through email. She met them through an adoption online community. They have been in Shymkent for this past month and they had a good feel for the town. Once we got settled we met up with them ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. King of the Wind

King of the Wind

Soul-flier above
    wings of fire catch the sun
    hover in dawn's light
    fly across the burning sky
    with feathers alight
    dancing between the shadows
    of the fading night
    arisen from his slumber
    king of the east wind
    surveys his desert kingdom
    ride high on the wind
    a dagger cutting through air
    perfect symmetry
    between agileness and strength
    with a regal grace
    containing
    Categories
    My Poetry
  4. The Day We Became Gods!

Craig Venter and his team have built the genome of a bacterium from scratch and incorporated it into a cell to make what they call the world's first synthetic life form
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/20...etic-life-form

Incredible achievement?

or Pandora's Box has been finally opened?

Updated 05-20-2010 at 04:06 PM by Lote-Tree

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. I have a horrible confession to make.

I'm bored. In spite of myself.

It's weird coming back home only to find that you are the only person who has changed. Everyone else expects you to pick up where you left off.

I'm happy to, but it's boring. There is insane loads of housework needing to be done at all times. Mom takes Leah all over the place (that kid is so smart!!) and I usually tag along so we're pretty much going like this: all the time.

I've been doing lots of reading ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized