Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's New with You?

Blog Entries

What's New with You?

Just catching up with everyone. Just drop a line or two about what is new in your life. For instance my divorce will finally be official on Thursday. I am seeing someone new.
    Les Miserables,
    Volume 1, Fifth Book, Chapter 3
    Remember this, my friends: there are no such things as bad plants or bad men. There are only bad cultivators.

Hello Bienvenu and really nice to see you back.
    I am sorry to hear about your divorce. I have had one myself and it is for the best. Glad to hear you are seeing someone else and I hope all goes well for you.
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

I don't have anything new .. I'll tell you when I have

Card-carrying Medievalist Lokasenna's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sat down. Chair exploded. Ended up sitting amongst wreckage. My dignity is gone, but more importantly, so is my chair.
    "I should only believe in a God that would know how to dance. And when I saw my devil, I found him serious, thorough, profound, solemn: he was the spirit of gravity- through him all things fall. Not by wrath, but by laughter, do we slay. Come, let us slay the spirit of gravity!" - Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by BienvenuJDC View Post
    Just catching up with everyone. Just drop a line or two about what is new in your life. For instance my divorce will finally be official on Thursday. I am seeing someone new.
    Good stuff, but didn't you learn from the first time? Just joking.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokasenna View Post
    Sat down. Chair exploded. Ended up sitting amongst wreckage. My dignity is gone, but more importantly, so is my chair.
    Putting on weight?

Me, got myself a motorbike! Also, my new jacket came yesterday and it looks the business.

Blog Entries
    Working in a new kitchen...I have to be there for 10 hours, 6 days a week when the owners go to India for a month... cost/benefit analysis going on.
    "We sat around, scratching the earth with our feet, half looking up for a sign of the end. And all the while it had long since come and gone." Alexi Murdoch

Blog Entries
    Hey Bien, I'm glad to hear about your romantic progress. For my part, I discovered that cities have these things called "thrift shops" which basically changed my life but now I have to buy another dresser.
    "Personal note: When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare into the sun. So once when I was six, I did. At first the brightness was overwhelming, but I had seen that before. I kept looking, forcing myself not to blink, and then the brightness began to dissolve. My pupils shrunk to pinholes and everything came into focus and for a moment I understood. The doctors didn't know if my eyes would ever heal."
    -Pi

Quote Originally Posted by Neely View Post
    Me, got myself a motorbike! Also, my new jacket came yesterday and it looks the business.

So is it like this one?

"L'art de la statistique est de tirer des conclusions erronèes a partir de chiffres exacts." Napoléon Bonaparte.

"Je crois que beaucoup de gens sont dans cet état d’esprit: au fond, ils ne sentent pas concernés par l’Histoire. Mais pourtant, de temps à autre, l’Histoire pose sa main sur eux." Michel Houellebecq.

Ha, ha, no it's even sexier than that, it's a real Bobby Dazzler!

It's also the warmest I've felt outside for about the last 6 months as well, and that includes having four layers (two coats) and scarf, hat, gloves, two trou, etc, that I have been wearing of late. Got it in a sale with about 50 notes knocked of it as well, so that's win/win/win.

Here is the link and video - you must watch the video of it - but it looks much better on me than that ugly porky bloke.

http://www.jsaccessories.co.uk/sale/...k-silver.html?

I'll have to post a pic of me with it when sorted, posing outside some place sometime with my jacket and bike. New Lit Net heartthrob material, move over Loka!

(I have a rustic brown leather jacket too for the traditionalist but it's just not practical, cold in winter and warm in summer. Not really suited leather jackets and bikes, never knew that.)

Procrastinator General *Classic*Charm*'s Avatar
    Leaning on this broken fence, between Past and Present tense
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Emil Miller View Post
    So is it like this one?

Those are some serious leather pants right there.
    I'm weary with right-angles, abbreviated daylight,
    Waiting for a winter to be done.
    Why do I still see you in every mirrored window,
    In all that I could never overcome?

Ha, ha, no it's even sexier than that, it's a real Bobby Dazzler!

It's also the warmest I've felt outside for about the last 6 months as well, and that includes having four layers (two coats) and scarf, hat, gloves, two trou, etc, that I have been wearing of late. Got it in a sale with about 50 notes knocked of it as well, so that's win/win/win.

Here is the link and video - you must watch the video of it - but it looks much better on me than that ugly porky bloke.

http://www.jsaccessories.co.uk/sale/...k-silver.html?

I'll have to post a pic of me with it when sorted, posing outside some place sometime with my jacket and bike. New Lit Net heartthrob material, move over Loka!

(I have a rustic brown leather jacket too for the traditionalist but it's just not practical, cold in winter and warm in summer. ot really suited leather jackets and bikes, never knew that.)

Wow! It really is a Bobby Dazzler. You'll probably draw admiring glances from the local young lollipops, only don't let the wife know.
    I prefer black leather but my leather jacket is very much like this as I left the juvenile look behind a long time ago:

"L'art de la statistique est de tirer des conclusions erronèes a partir de chiffres exacts." Napoléon Bonaparte.

"Je crois que beaucoup de gens sont dans cet état d’esprit: au fond, ils ne sentent pas concernés par l’Histoire. Mais pourtant, de temps à autre, l’Histoire pose sa main sur eux." Michel Houellebecq.

Well that's a stunner too, you would be fighting off all those sophisticats you get down London way with that one - "glass of Pinot miss?"

I very nearly did not get my jacket because I'm not into the sport style jacket at all, but did so because of the practicality of it being specifically designed for road wear, warm, water proof etc. I'm glad I did though because it does all of those things unbelievably better than I would have thought, so warm, but with the added attraction as you say of having to fight off the lollipops.

What's also happening in Neely town is I've got two weeks out of jail/work! (Insert the party image thing here!) Some Cumberland Ale hitting the neck tonight!

Also, just have to share this funny moment that I overheard today. This teacher was talking about someone who wanted to buy a cross/crucifix from a shop. He walked in and asked to buy one and the young bit behind the counter said, quote, 'do you want a plain one or one with a man on?' A man? Ha, ha...

Blog Entries
    Yesterday we finally broke through.

ay up

I’ve got a new camera digital camera and I spend most of my evenings taking pictures.

Well that's a stunner too, you would be fighting off all those sophisticats you get down London way with that one

Also, just have to share this funny moment that I overheard today. This teacher was talking about someone who wanted to buy a cross/crucifix from a shop. He walked in and asked to buy one and the young bit behind the counter said, quote, 'do you want a plain one or one with a man on?' A man? Ha, ha...
    Well they're not quite so sophisticated nowadays as we have gone from this:

To this:

The crucifix incident is a reminder to us all that education is a wonderful thing; it reminds me of:

Quote Originally Posted by Snowqueen View Post
    I’ve got a new camera digital camera and I spend most of my evenings taking pictures.
    You can take it from me. If you drop it onto a hard surface it will seriously curtail your photography.
    Last edited by Emil Miller; 03-29-2013 at 09:34 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast