Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peodophilia The Root Cause

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Volya View Post
    Why would a paedophile not be allowed to write a book? Freedom of speech is meant to be part of the foundation of democracy.
    I think cacian's referring to erotica involving child-sex fantasies, and books that imply conspiracies to rape children.

As for the OP... there's very little evidence to my knowledge about what the "root cause" of pedophilia is, although I've read estimates that only about 50% of sex offenders are pedophiles. The others do it for power. So the discussion has to be much broader than pedophilia if deterring sexual abuse is what you're concerned with.
    Last edited by Shevek; 11-10-2012 at 07:36 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cacian View Post
    Interesting posts.
    I was wondering would anyone read a book written by a peodophile?
    In other words is it acceptable for a society to allow for books to be written by paedophiles offenders or not?
    Is it a good idea ?
    Please tell me this wasn't just a roundabout way for you to once again bash Nabokov.

A 40 Bag To Freedom E.A Rumfield's Avatar
    Why is nudity wrong? We all have sexual organs. There is nothing "wrong" with that. If anything we should embrace these things. Repression is a cause of a lot of our sexual tension. We do a poor job at sexual education. Sex can be like all things good bad or indifferent. Why do people have sex with children? That is like asking why do we rape and murder, it is a part of us. Undeniably a part of each and everyone of us. A part of every living thing. Whether it manifests itself in a certain individual is besides the point, it exists and not in severely isolated instances. Denying won't help. The only thing we can do is teach our children who grow into adults. We cannot stop every case of violence and so on but we can do a better job. For all our advancement the school systems only aim is to breed subservient workers, not well rounded and functioning human beings, and it barely succeeds at that.

Is it a good idea to read books in which alcoholism or cigarette smoking is praised? We know these things are bad for us but they are alluring for likely the same reason. Prohibition doesn't work and never will with literature or what have you. Read what you like accept what you please think before you speak. There are a lot of Lolita's out there and a lot of weak men. If anything in that book Lolita is in the "wrong". She calculated the whole thing, seduced the man etc.
    Her hair was like a flowing cascade and her breasts were real awesome also.
    My ***** Better Have My Money by Fly Guy
    My ***** better have my money.
    Through rain, sleet, or snow,
    my ho better have my money.
    Not half, not some, but all my cash.
    Because if she don't, I'll put my foot dead in her ***.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutatis-Mutandis View Post
    Please tell me this wasn't just a roundabout way for you to once again bash Nabokov.

No.

Quote Originally Posted by Shevek View Post
    I think cacian's referring to erotica involving child-sex fantasies, and books that imply conspiracies to rape children.

As for the OP... there's very little evidence to my knowledge about what the "root cause" of pedophilia is, although I've read estimates that only about 50% of sex offenders are pedophiles. The others do it for power. So the discussion has to be much broader than pedophilia if deterring sexual abuse is what you're concerned with.
    Hi thank you Shevek that is exactly what I meant.
    How do you mean power? Do you mean an adult wants to exert power over a minor?
    There is a lot of evidence to support that those who offend were offended themselves. A kind a whirlwind trap situation if you like.
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12