Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast

Thread: To Swear Or Not To Swear

Account closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varenne Rodin View Post
    Maybe you are! I intend to be adorable in middle and older age too, like Maggie Smith. From the inside out.
    Oh thanks, I just liked my face so much better years ago. When one is over 50, the face is certainly different. I look great from the neck down. But it's kinda good because I can look at cute guys and I know they're not looking at me "that way", so I don't have to be on guard. It's rather liberating.

Account closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by JuniperWoolf View Post
    I'm a skilled fighter (*pride*). Anyway, I don't fight regular people in daily situations.
    See this is why you're comments are so funny. If I had time, I would find a bunch of them and post them all at once!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy88 View Post
    I've always thought that was the case too, but now I'm not so sure. If I wear my hair in the style of that goof from twilight I get girls screaming and drooling at me from all sides, ranging in age from 15-45.
    Haha, I was going to tell you that you look like Robert Pattinson but I was worried that I might offend you.

Quote Originally Posted by KCurtis View Post
    See this is why you're comments are so funny. If I had time, I would find a bunch of them and post them all at once!
    Finally, someone who appreciates my sense of humor around here.
    Last edited by JuniperWoolf; 02-18-2012 at 04:22 AM.
    "Personal note: When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare into the sun. So once when I was six, I did. At first the brightness was overwhelming, but I had seen that before. I kept looking, forcing myself not to blink, and then the brightness began to dissolve. My pupils shrunk to pinholes and everything came into focus and for a moment I understood. The doctors didn't know if my eyes would ever heal."
    -Pi

Account closed.
    Haha, I was going to tell you that you look like Robert Pattinson but I was worried that I might offend you.

Finally, someone who appreciates my sense of humor around here.
    Only me? Out of all these litnet people? Geesh. No wonder I laugh when no one else is, there I am, cracking up, and nobody else is laughing. I am just getting used to it now, after all these years. It's also no wonder I couldn't sit in church, it's just too funny.

I'm a skilled fighter (*pride*). Anyway, I don't fight regular people in daily situations. It sounds stupid to some people, but I was trained to view non-sport fights as something to be very ashamed of, whether we're male or female. I started taekwondo when I was six, so that's how I was raised.

-El Sancho goes into a knife-fighting crouch, except oddly he has forgotten to bring a knife-

I'm here to tell you, gender assumptions will bite you. A couple of years ago I was standing around the water cooler with one of my co-workers, engaging in a little chit-chat. She asked what I did over the weekend. I said, "Ah, I was just doing a little work on the T-Craft." (I owned a little airplane back then.) She asked what kind of work, and I went into this dumbed-down version of how to time a magneto. I didn't mean to be condescending or anything, and I consider myself an enlightened kind of guy who was just tailoring his conversation to his audience, but it quickly became obvious to me that this woman knew airplane engines:

Her: "What kind of engine?"
    Me: "Ah, you know, these things have 4-cylinder, air-cooled, engines."
    Her: "I know, a Taylorcraft usually has an Continental A-65. What's yours got?"
    Sancho is starting to feel like his train has just jumped the tracks, "Mine has an A-75. The extra 10 Horse Power is nice, but my top end is so loose I'm probably only getting around 50 horses."*
    Her: "Ha. Yeah well. What kind of mag?"
    Me: "Eisman."
    Her: "Old. What's top dead center on that engine?"
    Me: "Well, it's weird, one side is 28.5, and the other side is 29.5, I don't know why."
    Her: "That's because..." and she tells me.
    I'm starting to feel like I'm talking to a dude. "So, what'd you do this weekend?"
    Her: "I had to change out the PTO on my tractor."
    Me: "What kind of tractor?"
    And so it went. (Turns out it was a Kubota L3240)

And just to clear up any other assumptions, I'm here to tell you, she definitely was not gay.
    Uhhhh...

Quote Originally Posted by KCurtis View Post
    Only me? Out of all these litnet people? Geesh. No wonder I laugh when no one else is, there I am, cracking up, and nobody else is laughing. I am just getting used to it now, after all these years. It's also no wonder I couldn't sit in church, it's just too funny.
    Sorry 'bout stepping on you, K. Looks like we're posting in tandem.
    Uhhhh...

Account closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
    Sorry 'bout stepping on you, K. Looks like we're posting in tandem.
    No apology needed!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I appreciate Juniper's humor, unlike many who take her too seriously.

Blog Entries
    -El Sancho goes into a knife-fighting crouch, except oddly he has forgotten to bring a knife-

I'm here to tell you, gender assumptions will bite you. A couple of years ago I was standing around the water cooler with one of my co-workers, engaging in a little chit-chat. She asked what I did over the weekend. I said, "Ah, I was just doing a little work on the T-Craft." (I owned a little airplane back then.) She asked what kind of work, and I went into this dumbed-down version of how to time a magneto. I didn't mean to be condescending or anything, and I consider myself an enlightened kind of guy who was just tailoring his conversation to his audience, but it quickly became obvious to me that this woman knew airplane engines:

Her: "What kind of engine?"
    Me: "Ah, you know, these things have 4-cylinder, air-cooled, engines."
    Her: "I know, a Taylorcraft usually has an Continental A-65. What's yours got?"
    Sancho is starting to feel like his train has just jumped the tracks, "Mine has an A-75. The extra 10 Horse Power is nice, but my top end is so loose I'm probably only getting around 50 horses."*
    Her: "Ha. Yeah well. What kind of mag?"
    Me: "Eisman."
    Her: "Old. What's top dead center on that engine?"
    Me: "Well, it's weird, one side is 28.5, and the other side is 29.5, I don't know why."
    Her: "That's because..." and she tells me.
    I'm starting to feel like I'm talking to a dude. "So, what'd you do this weekend?"
    Her: "I had to change out the PTO on my tractor."
    Me: "What kind of tractor?"
    And so it went. (Turns out it was a Kubota L3240)

And just to clear up any other assumptions, I'm here to tell you, she definitely was not gay.
    A good friend of mine has her welding ticket. This other girl I know who is gorgeous as Venus works as a fire-fighter and once did a season on a commercial fishing boat in the waters up North. At my kickboxing gym there are women who kick the bag with far more force than I, and I've got pretty darn good kicks.

But they'll never out belch or out bench press us men, and that's why they'll always be stuck on dish duty and have to walk two steps behind.

Between Farce and Tragedy
    Darcy, didn't emil miller whip ur ***? :P

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smerdyakov View Post
    Darcy, didn't emil miller whip ur ***? :P
    No, I don't think he did. I'm actually not sure what you're referring to.

See that book he wrote? i walked past a National Front rally one day and they were handing those books out for free

No, I was just kiddin with u need to become a pachyderm like me

In yankie land it's a lot different to europe i suppose

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutatis-Mutandi View Post
    I appreciate Juniper's humor, unlike many who take her too seriously.
    But she's a woman, I thought we were all putting on an act of treating her with seriousness because men must humor the flimsy passions of women. They are so very delicate and fragile afterall.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander III View Post
    But she's a woman, I thought we were all putting on an act of treating her with seriousness because men must humor the flimsy passions of women. They are so very delicate and fragile afterall.
    Hah! This coming from the guy who needs to buy "fancy" toilet paper.

I'm here to tell you, gender assumptions will bite you. A couple of years ago I was standing around the water cooler with one of my co-workers...
    Haha, that happens to me sometimes. Last year my brother was cleaning a deer with a new friend of his who just moved to town watching when I sauntered over. Rylen's new friend had his nose and mouth covered by his sleeve and his eyes were watering from gagging when he sees me and yells "Hey! You don't want to come over here!" Rylen started laughing and tossed me a knife, and I proceeded to practically climb right inside of the animal and slice it's thoracic organs from it's ribcage. I made it extra gross too, just to freak the kid out.
    Last edited by JuniperWoolf; 02-19-2012 at 11:18 AM.
    "Personal note: When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare into the sun. So once when I was six, I did. At first the brightness was overwhelming, but I had seen that before. I kept looking, forcing myself not to blink, and then the brightness began to dissolve. My pupils shrunk to pinholes and everything came into focus and for a moment I understood. The doctors didn't know if my eyes would ever heal."
    -Pi

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast