Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Islam is not a religion of peace .

Islam is not a religion of peace .

i'm moslim but i don't know why many people are saying that muslims are terrorists , and islam is not a religion of peace and a lot of accusing islam in violence and hatred,, why each time we should tell to you that islam has nothing to do with terrorism.

Well, let's see just how:

Who's was the responsible of first and second world war and the effects wrought by this war in terms of the destruction and destruction of human lives, societies and economies and about 80 million dead, is he islam?

Who's killed more than million Jewish (Holocaust) is he islam?

Who's was the responsible of the dropping of atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and the scope of the devastation caused by this atomic bomb and the enormity of the humanitarian catastrophe that has ensued , is he islam ?

Who was the responsible of racial discrimination against people of African descent in all parts of the world . is he islam?

Who's committed many massacres against Muslims and human rights violations in bosnia and herzegovina, is he islam?

Who's killed more than 6 million of algeriens (French occupation), is he islam?

Who's committed many crimes in iraq and afghanistan and human rights violations in the name of combat terrorism and excuse of democracy and defending human rights, is he islam?

Who's committed crimes against humanity and genocide and ethnic cleansing against Indigenous peoples of the Americas, in the name of calling and spreading Christianity and excuse of transmission values and civilization , is he islam?

Who's killed hundreds of thousands of muslims and Jewish in andalusia (Spanish inquisition), is he islam?

The genocides in Kampuchea, Rwanda, Congo, Eritrean and Ethiopian is he islam?

Who is killing every day many muslims and committing many crimes against muslims in palestine, excuse of self-defence, is he islam?

Who's committed, Massacres, torture, ethnic cleansing in Burma against muslims, is he islam?

just answer to my ask : is islam committed all this massacres ?

nobody said that Christianity is a religion of terror , so please stop say that muslims are terrorists , and stop accusing islam in violence and hatred, because there are 1,5 billion muslims around the world ,The actions of these few ( ISIS ) should not be seen as an accurate representation of Islamic teachings .

so We invite you to look further and investigate Islam, It is not just another religion

note:

My comment does not mean that I hate christianity and I hate jesus because i love and i respect jesus more of christians themselves.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make your life simpler and has meaning, and based on the values of tolerance and respect for others and denounce racism and freedom of expression and mutual understanding among civilizations, cultures and religions ,and keep your principles even in the darkest circumstances
    Last edited by zianizinou; 08-23-2016 at 07:38 AM.

Blog Entries
    Wow, airtight. I hate the West now! Where do I sign up to become a Muslim?
    So with the courage of a clown, or a cur, or a kite jerkin tight at it's tether

I'm currently reading "The Reformation" by Oxford historian Diarmoid MacColloch. According to MacColloch, one million Western European Christians were enslaved by Muslims (North African raiders and Ottoman Turks) between 1530 and 1640. This is approximately equal to the number of West Africans taken by European Christians across the Atlantic in that same era.

Why didn't the Muslims content themselves with enslaving black Africans, like the decent, God-fearing Christians did?

Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecurb View Post
    I'm currently reading "The Reformation" by Oxford historian Diarmoid MacColloch.
    Good for you, ecurb. It's about time we had some historical literacy on this site. I mentioned that book recently on another thread, by the way. I'm curious as to whether you decided to start it after my reading my comments. You know, like a car rental company asks: How did you hear about us?
    Last edited by Pompey Bum; 08-16-2016 at 08:15 PM.

I don't remember you mentioning it. I own the book, which I believe was given to me for some recent Christmas, and I'm finally getting around to reading it. I'm only 100 pages in, but I'm enjoying it so far. I mention the slavery statistic because I hadn't been aware of the scope of Muslims enslaving Western Europeans until reading about it in "The Reformation", and I fond it interesting.

I did take The Mahabharata on my recent camping trip, based on Mortalterror's and your (facetious) recommendation. I read the first 100 pages or so, but it was a library book with beautiful color illustrations, and I was getting it dirty (cleanliness is not an essential part of camping), so I abandoned it. I enjoyed the start, although some of it was a bit campy. I remember one part: somebody (whose name I can't remember) "was more powerful than ten thousand elephants", which reminded me of the old Superman TV show's "more powerful than a locomotive."

I agree with you that the focus of this site is on fiction and poetry - and that "literature" includes history and biography (as well as other non-fiction genres). One of my pet peeves about this site is the general use of the word "books" to mean "novels".

Closed
    I don't remember you mentioning it. I own the book, which I believe was given to me for some recent Christmas, and I'm finally getting around to reading it.
    MacCulloch's like a pitcher who can't be hit, but only when he's got his good stuff going. The Reformation is better by far than his more famous Christianity: The First 3000 Years (at 1100 pages, a great bookcase-behind-your-desk tome--purchased by millions and read by dozens). Anyway, enjoy The Reformation. It's a lot of fun.

I did take The Mahabharata on my recent camping trip, based on Mortalterror's and your (facetious) recommendation.
    I don't remember wising off about Mahabharata. But you know, like Arthur in that old 80s movie, sometimes I just think facetious things. Indian lit is not my at all my thing though. I wonder what I said.

I agree with you that the focus of this site is on fiction and poetry - and that "literature" includes history and biography (as well as other non-fiction genres).
    Well, we get lots of "serious" literature characters here. They seem to derive more than a little of their self esteem from delusions of intellectual superiority. They're hilariously shaky out of their educational depth though. Talk to them about real history (or theology for that matter) and just watch how nervous they get. Heh heh heh. As Jesus said, "Always kick for the kneecaps."
    Last edited by Pompey Bum; 08-17-2016 at 05:50 AM.

Blog Entries
    I'm currently reading "The Reformation" by Oxford historian Diarmoid MacColloch. According to MacColloch, one million Western European Christians were enslaved by Muslims (North African raiders and Ottoman Turks) between 1530 and 1640. This is approximately equal to the number of West Africans taken by European Christians across the Atlantic in that same era.

Why didn't the Muslims content themselves with enslaving black Africans, like the decent, God-fearing Christians did?
    Yeh but who's ever heard of Muslims committing massacres and human rights violations against other Muslims? Obviously it's never happened. Islam is not just another religion!

Quote Originally Posted by Clopin View Post
    Yeh but who's ever heard of Muslims committing massacres and human rights violations against other Muslims? Obviously it's never happened. Islam is not just another religion!
    As you know brother Islam strongly prohibits harming civilians and destroying safe places such as homes and religious sites. It even goes to the extent of prohibiting harming the environment or cutting down trees. It is clear to anyone who follows the news or studies history that terrorism is a world wide phenomenon that occurs among people from all nations, ethnicities and religions. In fact, upon closer inspection, it becomes obvious that terrorism is not tied to religion
    Unfortunately, there are some people who commit crimes of terrorism,�� even though it is prohibited by Islam. Sadly, they usually try to justify their actions using Islam in an attempt to gain legitimacy among other Muslims.

GOD ( Allah) he said in The Quran : ((...if anyone killed a person not in retaliation of murder, or (and) to spread mischief in the land - it would be as if he killed all mankind, and if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of all mankind..)) Chapter Name:Al-Maeda Verse No:32

so some people still mistake it for a cult, or that all Muslims are terrorists,!

The actions of these few should not be seen as an accurate representation of Islamic teachings there are 1,5 billion muslims around the world so The actions of these few don't should representation of all muslims.
    the media can give the impression that terrorism is supported by the majority of Muslims. Muslims may feel misrepresented and misunderstood by these and other stereotypes.

It is unfortunate that the Western media often gives the wrong impression of what Islam is all about.

Misconceptions about Islam and Muslims continue because of the lack of availability of correct information about the basic teachings of Islam. The misrepresentation of Islam by the media,
    Make your life simpler and has meaning, and based on the values of tolerance and respect for others and denounce racism and freedom of expression and mutual understanding among civilizations, cultures and religions ,and keep your principles even in the darkest circumstances

Quote Originally Posted by Pompey Bum View Post

I don't remember wising off about Mahabharata. But you know, like Arthur in that old 80s movie, sometimes I just think facetious things. Indian lit is not at all my thing though. I wonder what I said.

"
    It was in one of the "list" threads. Mortal Terror listed Mahabhatra in his ten greatest, I said I might read one of the 3 or 4 on his list that I hadn't read (all of which were non-Western) and you said I should pick Maha because it wouldn't add much weight to my backpack (it's more than 1000 pages).

Quote Originally Posted by zianizinou View Post

It is unfortunate that the Western media often gives the wrong impression of what Islam is all about.

Misconceptions about Islam and Muslims continue because of the lack of availability of correct information about the basic teachings of Islam. The misrepresentation of Islam by the media,
    And Presidential candidate Donald Trump gives the wrong impression about how most educated Westerners regard Islam. Delusions abound.

Blog Entries
    As you know brother Islam strongly prohibits harming civilians
    What if they're gay?

What is this, a contest to see which religion's adherents killed more? All parties guilty as charged!

The true imbroglio centers around cultural assimilation and syncretism. As an historical reference, religions do not characteristically trust each other. There have been notable exceptions, but in general I think a strong argument could be made that syncretism is the agent that enables good harmony where two religions must exist on the same ground. Where too much mentality of diaspora prevails, syncretism fails to implement the necessary changes. On an abstract level, this is how I see this problem. How it will play out is a matter of hope and guesswork.
    Last edited by desiresjab; 08-16-2016 at 10:11 PM.

In the other thread about biblical morality's inconsistency with modern moral standards, a sub-discussion has broken out about whether the Reformation was responsible for literal interpretations of the Bible. I'll have to wait until I finish MacColloch's book to chime in.

It seems to me (who knows no more about Islam than the average, reasonably well-informed American) that Islam is, by its nature, a literalist and fundamentalist religion. That's because the Quran was dictated to Mohamed by an angel. The text is a clear divine mandate, for believers.

Although some Fundamentalists make the same claim for the Bible, the Bible is clearly not the foundation of Christianity in the same manner in which the Quran is the foundation of Islam. Most of the New Testament was not written for several decades after Jesus' death. So for the Bible to be "fundamental" to Christian faith, we must conclude that Peter, Paul, and all of the disciples were not Christians (since they had no Bible). Clearly, Jesus' life, death, and rebirth are the foundation of the faith, not the Bible.

As I understand it, Islam, in the 7th century, improved the rights of women, and moderated the violence and oppression regularly practiced among Arabs (and many other people). Nonetheless, by modern standards, Sharia law seems oppressive, prejudiced, and unfair. My questions to zianizinou is: are literal interpretations of the Quran standard in Islam? From your perspective, is the comparison between Islam and Literalist, Fundamentalist Christianity a fair one? If the Quran is the direct word of God, how can changing moral codes and social and economic realities be accounted for within Islam?

Quote Originally Posted by Clopin View Post
    What if they're gay?
    These days, most gay people join the military.

These days, most gay people join the military.
    Send in our transgender marines.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast