Thread: HURRAH!

Miss Sara

HURRAH!

Wanna know my reaction after reading the first two charpters? Instant love. It's not often one comes across a book so good that they can't resist finish it the night the start. As a sixth grader, my first thought when my teacher presented us this book was "Great, another book." Sure, I love books, and some of thebooks we've read (like Cromwell's Boy or the Oddessey) were awsome. Others, (like the Illiad) just weren't that great. So I didn't know what to expect. I instantly fell in love with it. I just read some of the other coments like this one:<br><br>to put it simpler it sucked!!!!! :P<br><br>This person really doesn't know good literature when they see it. If they hated it so much, just say "I didn't care for it." Saying "it sucked!!!!! :P" is putting down people who like it, or rather, people with common sense. Those who say Mark failed on this book, you go ahead and write a superb book yourself. I doubt you could keep people reading it long enough past the first page! However, if you read great literaty works of art like this one, your writing skill will increase.

Some people don't like certain books, and that's fine by me. But I agree that they don't have to make a big deal about it. This book must be something good, if it is still a classic so long after having been written.

Personally, I enjoyed the book, and I read it in sixth grade, although it was not an assignment. I liked how the pauper showed so much mercy, and all the strange predicaments the prince got into by declaring he was king.
    When ideas fail, words come in very handy.

Count to 10,000 and down to -10,000!