Thread: LOOK IF YOU DARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you read A Tale of Two Cities and enjoyed it? If so please reply and tell me which part of it you enjoyed!!!!!!!! P.S. Please reply as soon as possible!!!!!!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KJo on 2001-12-05 18:05 ]</font>

the book is very hard to enjoy.....sory

On 2001-11-28 18:08, KJo wrote:
    Have you read A Tale of Two Cities and enjoyed it? If so please reply and tell me which part of it you enjoyed!!!!!!!! P.S. Please reply as soon as possible!!!!!!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KJo on 2001-12-05 18:05 ]</font>
    I have read this book, and even though it is sad, my favorite part was when Sidney died for his friend. It's a wonderful book!

I listened to this book in an unabridged copy of books on tape. I thought it was marvelous. My favorite part, and there were so many great parts, was the end. Read it twice, at least. I did.

Cheers,
    North
    In Memoriam: the heroes of September 11

Even though I didn't much like the book, I positively fell in love with Sydny Carton... I always fall for the pathetic geniuses...

Then they killed him.

~Kris

I really like the part where the king called for the Pigeons head, and Merlin cast a spell on him that made him talk backward. That has to be the crux of the whole book. Whatever you do, if you are writing a book report, don't leave that part out.

Merlin?

Quote Originally Posted by firemeboy
    I really like the part where the king called for the Pigeons head, and Merlin cast a spell on him that made him talk backward. That has to be the crux of the whole book. Whatever you do, if you are writing a book report, don't leave that part out.
    Ummm... I don't remember anything about Merlin in A Tale of Two Cities, perhaps you have another book mixed up with it??? :o
    Et cetera

Opps!

Didn't mean to post more than once! :oops:
    Et cetera

Seated in a very full bath, reading a four-year-old letter
    Quote Originally Posted by happypidgeon
    I always fall for the pathetic geniuses...
    Have you ever read Franny and Zooey by J.D. Salinger. Zooey definitely fits in that category! (Not that I'm saying I'm like that though! )
    "To get straight to the worst, what I'm about to offer isn't really a short story at all but a sort of prose home movie..."

Memories of the Future

I love it, in retrospect

I read Tale of Two Cities in eighth grade (I'm in tenth now). I've read a lot of Dickens and I thought that TofTC was the best I've read. It really beautifully portrayed the time of the French Revolution, and Dickens has such a genius for capturing human nature in words. When I first read it, I had to use cliffnotes just to understand it and I hated it as I read it, but by the end it became one of my favorite books and I've since bought it and read it a few more times. I really fell in love with the character of Sydney Carton and it made me sad to think that there are so many talented, caring people that waste their lives, and I actually cried at the end (I'm very emotional) when Sydney gives his life for Lucie's happiness. Definitely worth the time to read!
    Il y a a parier que toute idee publique, toute convention recue, est une sottise, car elle a convenu au plus grand nombre.

If you read the book in 8th grade, you are one lucky man. I'm in 8th grade right now. Everyone in my school is a complete and utter F***TARD! Even my teacher. We're reading such low level books, it's not even funny. When I asked my english teacher why we weren't reading higher level books, she said that some people might not be able to keep up. I am constantly surrounded by idiots!

ALSO- I loved the part with merlin! And then right afterwards Frodo went to war with the Martians, and Micheal Jackson acutually turned black again! You'd be an idiot to leave that out of any book report!
    (Yeah right. As if any of that could happen.)
    After being kicked out of the bar by a black waiter, a white KKK member said, "This is why I hate black people. They're so damn racist!"

I totally agree with you about people being low-level readers. I love A Tale of Two Cities, and have read almost all of Dicken's works, and I am now in 10th grade. I'm not saying everyone should have read all of them at my age, but it is a shame that so few people can handle it. Dickens is exceptionally boring to some people, I understand that, but they at least should understand most of the vocabulary in the story!

Well, the addendum to your post, Shuai, was VERY amusing
    "Good bye, master, my dear! Forgive your Sam. He'll come back to this spot when the job's done - if he manages it." ...He fancied there was a glimmer on the ground as he peered out at that high stony place where all his life had fallen into ruin. -TTT