Thread: David Copperfield

Liz

David Copperfield

The Personal History of David Copperfield is the best book I have ever had the privilage of picking up. I have read many books but have never before read one with such believable characters or more convincing a plot. I feel that the superiority of this book may be due to the fact that Dickens poured his heart and soul into it, creating beautifully descriptive scenes and breathtaking characters. Also because so much of this book is based on his own personal experiences, adding and extra touch of familiarity and personality. <br><br>If you have never had the pleasure of reading it, I thouroughly reccomend David Copperfield as my personal favourite book, as it was Dickens. <br><br><br>'Of all my books, I like this the best. It will be easily believed that I am a fond parent of every child of my fancy, and that no one can ever love a family as dearly as I love them. But, like many fond parents, I have in my heart of hearts a favourite child. And his name is David Copperfield.' <br>-Charles Dickens, 1868

hi,
    I didn't complete all the book, YET!!
    but i'm close to the End..
    mosth things I love in it is the sense of humar that is mixed with such a dramatic life ..........
    AND the charcters, and how he personificates each in a interisting way...

your sister: shadowy Girl

I am needing some help

Hi, I am in the process of reading the book, and i have a few inquiries. I know there are alot of lessons that are taught to David in tehis novel. Could someone briefly describe five of these lessons. one by David's mother, peggoty, mr. Peggotty,James Steerforth, Wilkins micawber, agnes wickfield, dr. strong, martha endell and/or Dora?