Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Beauty

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by fayefaye
    I read somewhere that other than humans, dolphins are the only animals to enjoy sex. Explain that one. What possible reason could there be for DOLPHINS to enjoy sex??
    I have no idea, but who knows, they are smart animals. And in a way, I dont see the correlation between dolphins and philosophical arguments about sex.
    My point was I don't agree that sex is just for precreation activity.

I like to slip my one-eyed cat bootsy into the old stovepipe of my grandmother's cabin.

I deeply enjoy the lucrative discussion about beauty, yet we must first define beauty before we discuss it. What makes one woman beautiful, and another ugly? And if soemthing is truly beautiful, why would we want to ruin it with lust? Sexuality is an ironic existance; it kills what we truly want in the end: to be closer to beauty.

And i would argue, MacBeth, that sex/sexuality isn't always about lust, AND that it has a sublime beauty all of its own. It is fully capable of augmenting beauty.
    Your comments and mine are of course simple opinions. I'd hate to see them offered up as Facts...
    Last edited by azmuse; 01-07-2004 at 11:49 PM.

Feeding grandma bacon in the bathtub . . . she always looked so beautiful.

smeghead
    There's a mathematical way to define beauty. A ratio of 1:1.618 I think it was... but it's supposed to involve a surd too, in it's exact form. Called divine proportions, or something.
    Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.
    (Mark Twain)

15 miles or so north of the city of london
    Isn't that what is called The Golden Ratio?

Yep.
    Ningún hombre llega a ser lo que es por lo que escribe, sino por lo que lee.
    - Jorge Luis Borges

Dudes, beauty isn't just the body. That is only the lure that draws you in, if beauty is only skin deep... then I'm taking a vow of chastity tonight!

Are you sure? You always say that.

You mean it this time?

Originally posted by subterranean
    It's kinda funny that the discuccion is focused merely about woman's beauty and lust. So I suppose that there'd be such thing as sin for woman when she looks at a man. I remember a line in this movie "People vs Larry Flint", Larry argued with his phoographer who refused to take a picture of this she-model's womanhood. Larry said that it's a sin to refuse to take such a "beautiful" thing since the same God (whom the photographer believe, which is Jesus) was the one who created it. Of course, Mr. Flint said that as justification of his own hidden intention.

I want to comment what Stanislaw said that "sex is just for procreation". There's a philosophical arguments about this issue and I agree with this thingking by Christine Gudorf , a Christian theologian.

Gudorf said: The study of human anatomy and physiology yields insights into God's plan and design, and that human sexual behavior should conform with God's creative intentions. If we take a careful look at the anatomy and physiology of the female sexual organs, and especially the clitoris, instead of focusing exclusively on the male's penis (which is what Thomas Aquinas did, and therefore He stated that sex is only for procreation), quite different conclusions about God's plan and design emerge and hence Christian sexual ethics turns out to be less restrictive. In particular, the female's clitoris is an organ whose only purpose is the production of sexual pleasure and, unlike the mixed or dual functionality of the penis, has no connection with procreation. Therefore, the existence of the clitoris in the female body suggests that God intended that the purpose of sexual activity was as much for sexual pleasure for its own sake as it was for procreation.
    Not that I was particularly bothered about what God, or rather the Church (which are unfortunately 2 very distinct things) say about pleasure, but reading this really made my day
    dead on the inside, i've got nothing to prove
    keep me alive and give me something to lose

Sex and beauty are two very different things; ask one of those sublime fellows who is constantly being manipulated by an ugly spouse.

suit yourself

you think that sex isn't beautiful?! let me just tell you, you've been conditioned by the puritans.

[syntax edit]
    Last edited by star blue; 01-26-2004 at 02:26 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Koa
    Not that I was particularly bothered about what God, or rather the Church (which are unfortunately 2 very distinct things) say about pleasure, but reading this really made my day

Really Koa ?

Well, I don't really know what u mean by "made your day", but I take that as something amusing

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast