I am an huge fan of Orwells work and philosophy. Like many, I have read and reread 1984 for many years.<br><br>Still, there are some things that have never been satisfactorally addressed, at least to me:<br><br>What was the point of the old woman Winston met in the MiniPax Detention cell, the one who cursed an vomited on the floor. Recall, that she said here name was also Smith, and made the rather cryptic statement "I might be your mother!" Was it indeed possible that she WAS Winston's mother, long disappeared since the Wars?<br><br>Secondly, the banned Goldstein book has always fascinated me. Yet, I cannot help but wonder why there is no reference to Chapter 2, which should in all likelyhood be "Freedom is Slavery". Is the "central secret" constantly referred to in "Goldsteins book", the natural urge to dominate and control others, as mentioned by O'Brien during the interrogation?<br><br>Lastly, and this may be something or no, but at one point during the re-education of Winston Smith, O'Brien states "You asked me once what was in room 101..". Winston never asked that question. This may of course be part of the capacity of the Party to read the thoughts of it's citizens based upon some external observation, but I just found it odd.<br><br>Keep up the good work.