Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2424748495051525354 LastLast

Thread: Six Game Reboot

1. Say the Next Word: smattering (hah!)

2. Two Word Game: beer bong (being a teetotaler, something I have no experience with)

3. Word Association Game: islands in the stream

4. Song Title Game: heartbreaker by pat benatar

5. Aye or Nay: ive had salt on apples and that's good. ive never tried it on watermelon, but I can see how that would work. a tentative aye.

finishing a book you've started but aren't really enjoying?

6. This or That: I tried reading "pride and prejudice and zombies" but couldn't get into it. then I read Abraham Lincoln vampire hunter and thoroughly enjoyed it. the movie was really good too.

oh for sure abbott and Costello. I grew up watching them and within the past few years went through all their movies again.

the first unexpected warm day of spring or the last unexpected warm day of fall?

Blog Entries
    1. Say the Next Word: (lol) ngwee

2. Two Word Game: beer barrel

3. Word Association Game: Mississippi

4. Song Title Game: Heartbreak Town - Dixie Chicks

5. Aye or Nay: Pineapple on pizza... Nay, the writer has 5 pages to hook me or I'm outta there

Flying kites as an adult ?

6. This or That: The first unexpected warm day of spring... I'd be nearly out of fire wood by then

Beach sand or desert sand ?
    tailor

who am I but a stitch in time
    what if I were to bare my soul
    would you see me origami

7-8-2015

1. Say the Next Word: eel

2. Two Word Game: barrel roll

3. Word Association Game: alabama

4. Song Title Game: I have Heartbreak Town and just gave it another listen. I like the dixie chicks. my favorite of theirs is voice inside my head.

darkness on the edge of town by bruce Springsteen.

5. Aye or Nay: I always feel guilty giving up on a book and I try like heck to finish. theres probably been about a half dozen ive bailed on.

I have a nice big front yard and have actually thought of kite flying there.

the third mummy movie without Rachel weisz playing evie? or just in general having new actors play established characters for the sake of another movie?

6. This or That: both are good. an unexpected warm-up in spring might be slightly better because it builds hope and hope is a good thing.

ive never been to the desert to know how the sand is different. im guessing it must be coarser, so lets go with beach sand.

reading the book then watching the movie, or watching the movie and then reading the book?
    Last edited by bounty; 12-22-2022 at 05:14 PM.

Blog Entries
    1. Say the Next Word: elegy

2. Two Word Game: egg roll

3. Word Association Game: Country

4. Song Title Game: Funky Town - Lipps Inc.

5. Aye or Nay: Replacement actors?... Nay, it's an unavoidable distraction

Raking leaves ? My philosophy is to leave them where they fall for the bugs and critters and soil - much to the chagrin of everyone else on the property. Good grief, we live in the country !!!

6. This or That: Movie/Book first ?... prefer the book first since the movies take too many liberties.

Jazz or Hip Hop ?
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

1. Say the Next Word: gyroscope

2. Two Word Game: egg salad sandwich (blech!)

3. Word Association Game: livin'

4. Song Title Game: i remember Funky Town! Play that Funky Music --wild cherry

5. Aye or Nay: I live in the woods, so raking leaves isn't a thing really. in the city though, its an interesting consideration. I wonder to what extent its a habit we've gotten into, or if it has its roots in code enforcement (hey it looks bad). I used to just mow over them to help the deterioration. so a reluctant aye.

6. This or That: I think when we go book first, the movie can often be a disappointment because we want fidelity to the origin. if we go movie first, then when we read the book we're just more or less looking for differences without making a value judgment.

I don't know that ive ever heard a hip-hop song ive liked, so jazz it is.

an old fred Astaire/ginger rogers romantic comedy movie or an old Alfred Hitchcock psychodrama?

Blog Entries
    1. Say the Next Word: peculiar

2. Two Word Game: spinach salad

3. Word Association Game: rockin'

4. Song Title Game: Let The Music Play - Shannon

5. Aye or Nay: Question ?

6. This or That: fred & ginger or Hitchcock flix... fred & ginger: better dancing
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

heck tailor, right after I posted I felt like I forgot something!

but then right back at ya for your #6!

1. Say the Next Word: articulate

2. Two Word Game: popeye!

3. Word Association Game: and rollin'

4. Song Title Game: Let it Be -- the beatles (there is a great version of this in the musical Across the Universe, well worth hunting up and giving a listen to.

5. Aye or Nay: the hero not living at the end of a story? (and an invitation to identify any notable instances)

6. This or That: I might have asked this one way back when---the age old question of men everywhere---ginger or mary ann? laughs...

dag nab that double posting!
    Last edited by bounty; 12-24-2022 at 10:43 PM.

Blog Entries
    1. Say the Next Word: tepid

2. Two Word Game: (lol) soda pop

3. Word Association Game: reelin'

4. Song Title Game: Make it Real - Scorpions

5. Aye or Nay: Nay... (thinking): back to Les Misérables - Jean Valjean

Stories resolved through Deus ex Machina ?

6. This or That: ginger... same question
    Last edited by tailor STATELY; 12-24-2022 at 11:59 PM. Reason: syntax
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

1. Say the Next Word: idiopathic

2. Two Word Game: lime rickey (when I was a kid we had a local store called "the pop shoppe" and they sold all sorts of interesting flavors you wouldn't find in the traditional stores. lime rickey was one of them. also, im from western ny state. when we all went off to college and met people from the long island, nyc areas, began the heated parochial clash of whether "pop" or "soda" was the correction designation. now just to be linguistically safe, never knowing when someone im talking with might have grown up on "lon gisland" I say "soda pop.")

3. Word Association Game: peelin'

4. Song Title Game: My God is Real -- Johnny Cash

5. Aye or Nay: im reminded of a part of the 2002 Olympic Games opening ceremony in Sydney, a woman sang a song called Heroes Live Forever. they don't, but we sure want them to, and in our memories we try to make it so. so when they have the opportunity to continue on in the fiction world, and they don't, it seems disappointing.

hmm, I cant think back to anything ive read or watched when I felt the movie was ruined by that. so either im less of a critical consumer than I thought, or im not bothered by it. so i'll go with another tentative aye.

ketchup on eggs?

6. This or That: this question was asked in some national internet survey bunches of years ago and mary ann won hands down. for sure the sensuality of ginger is appealing, but the seemingly commensurate high maintenance and narrow life applicability arent. I say slight edge towards mary ann. although, maybe I could claim arab sultan status and say both!

have probably asked this one before: salty and crunchy or sweet and chewy?

Blog Entries
    1. Say the Next Word: ichthyosaur

2. Two Word Game: (lol) Branch Rickey

3. Word Association Game: squealin'

4. Song Title Game: Got To Be Real - Cheryl Lynn

5. Aye or Nay: Catsup on eggs: Nay, totally gross... catsup goes in the bacon gease to be sopped up with white bread... at least it did many many years ago.

Ranch Dressing with pizza ?

6. This or That: (lol) go with sweet and chewy this time.

Avocadoes or Artichokes ?
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

1. Say the Next Word: ursine

2. Two Word Game: Jackie robinson

3. Word Association Game: tires

4. Song Title Game: don't remember when these were, quite awhile ago---have you ever heard any of the old bud light commercials, the songs of which were all preface titled Real Men of Genius? they are hysterical! if they are new to you, I recommend "mr push-up bra inventor" for your first go.

5. Aye or Nay: I live at the base of a very hill dirt road that goes up to other residences above me. unless you have all wheel drive with chains, you cant make it up in winter. yesterday a neighbor sent me an email asking if I would bring up a pizza that his son would be delivering. I said sure, he wrote back saying he'd have him bring a couple extra slices for me. they had ranch dressing on them and were delicious. these particular ones didn't have tomato sauce on them, but ive had ranch dressing with pizza made like that too and liked it, so aye either way.

a 5th Matrix movie?

6. This or That: ive never developed a taste for avocadoes. i can tolerate them, but to me they are just one step above tofu, which I liken to eating frogs kept in formaldehyde. so artichokes it is.

marvel or DC?

Blog Entries
    1. Say the Next Word: Neverland

2. Two Word Game: Robinson Crusoe

3. Word Association Game: rims

4. Song Title Game: Lol! Good grief... Safe in your Skin - Title Fight

5. Aye or Nay: 5th Matrix movie?: Aye... "There is no spoon"

Looking for crystalls ?

6. This or That: Marvel or DC?... Marvel... though I heard their lead actor died (Stan Lee)

Pixar or Disney ?
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

1. Say the Next Word: ND, the abbreviation for north Dakota and notre dame! pick either one for the next word.

2. Two Word Game: man Friday

3. Word Association Game: rim shot

4. Song Title Game: did you give it a listen tailor? I've got you under my skin -- frank Sinatra

5. Aye or Nay: the ending of #4 certainly allows for more, but I wonder about a 5th one. at some point I guess the free humans (and maybe the viewing audience?) wouldn't be satisfied until everyone is free...or at least the ones who want to be. what would you want the next chapter to be about?

ive never done that but ive always liked rocks and scavenging in general is fun, so i say aye.

tv advertising for professional sports gambling?

6. This or That: although stan lee did tons of cameos tailor, he wasn't an actor, he was always the executive producer and he was that, at least, by virtue of having been the creator of most of the characters from back in the comic book days. im not sure though how much say he had in the movies makings and how much his title/role was honorary. that's an interesting question. its fun to watch the movies and look for his cameos. comic book wise as a kid, I was partial to DC, but I think marvel has far outdone them in the cinema realm. I cant speak really to tv series, although im really enjoying the dvd collection of Agents of Shield.

i don't watch enough animated movies to be able to pick, but lemme go with Disney because of the theme parks. no wait, lemme go with Pixar because they are new to the game and are an underdog. no wait, lemme go with Disney because they've gotten their hands into marvel and star wars and who knows what else. no wait, lemme go with Pixar because Disney cant keep their woke selves from betraying their shareholders. no wait, lemme go with Disney because of snow white, and cinderella, and sleeping beauty, and peter pan, and jungle book, and Pinocchio, and Dumbo...

the nfl super bowl with:

the Kansas city chiefs and the Philadelphia eagles?

or the buffalo bills and the dallas cowboys?

or the Cincinnati bengals and the san francisco 49ers?

Blog Entries
    1. Say the Next Word: Neodymium

2. Two Word Game: Girl Friday

3. Word Association Game: Ta-da !

4. Song Title Game: (lol) yes, I did... Over Under Sideways
    Down
    - Yardbirds

5. Aye or Nay: More cow bell ? How about an invasion. Advertising ? Nay... I don't even get the transition from sports reporting to gambling promotion... I must have missed something somewhere.

Deja vous ?

6. This or That: When I was into comics in the late 50's to circa 1967 it was mostly the D.C. realm that I lived in as I recall. Super Bowl?... S.F. and K.C. would be my choice

Stratego or Risk ?
    Last edited by tailor STATELY; 12-28-2022 at 06:09 AM. Reason: indent
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015