Thread: Is there a permission requirement to post stories on this forum?

Banned
    Blog Entries

Is there a permission requirement to post stories on this forum?

In 2017 I was going to publish a short story with about 10,000 words and was given a message that the story had to be reviewed and approved first. So I waited for it to get approved but the damn thing was held in permanent limbo. Anyone here know what I'm talking about?

I just got the same thing. After reading the rules, there is a section that said "The Administrators and Moderators oversee these all-ages forums and, not always with notification, may edit or delete inappropriate content that violates any of these rules and/or that is not in compliance with COPPA.org."

This means, especially for us new members, they are going to read what we wrote, then make a determination if your story will be going on the site or not. I would hope though, seeing that you are a new member, they would contact you and explain what is going on. However they don't have to.

Also I saw most of the post being on this page being confirmed in the afternoon or evening hours. Hope this helps
    Last edited by grayj0265; 08-01-2019 at 03:05 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    There seems to be an auto-restriction based on word count that wasn't there when I was regularly using this site in 2016. Perhaps someone posted a lot offensive material when I already left. Oh well. I won't be posting stories directly then and will post links to stories or maybe if that restriction doesn't exist on our blogs then I will post those stories on my LitNet blog instead of directly on these forums.

Although I don't always agree with materials that other members post I like this board anyways. The calm demeanor, the appearance and professionalism of this board and its owners/moderators.

Closed
    I'm sorry to hear about your stories. Using your blog sounds like a good idea. I hope it works out. I can think of two likely characters for "spoiling it for everybody", only one of whom was really malicious (the other was just a kiddie showing off). In my opinion, it would be better to ban the trolls and let the rest of us alone, but as you say, there are some really good things about LitNet, too. So blog the blog if you can. Hope you hang around and talk with us some, too. Good luck with it. I look forward to (finally) reading your stories.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I can't post blog entries yet, I think my post count needs to be more numerous.