Thread: Hello to The Literature Network Forums people

Hello to The Literature Network Forums people

Hi, I'm English Kev. I am a writer in the process of publishing a book. Thought I'd say hello before I get around to putting my foot in my mouth. I am English and my name is Kev. Cheers!

Closed
    Welcome English Kev. There is a kev67 here who is also English, but hopefully nobody will mix you two up. It's very nice to have you with us.

Hey Pompey Bum. Thanks for the greeting. What can I tell you? They say Liverpool is the capital of Ireland (it's not, by the way, but check anyway) so just about every third male child when I was growing up was named Kevin. Or Bob. Or John.

Closed
    No, of course not. The capital of Ireland is Boston, Massachusetts, where I come from. Open your window and yell KEVIN! here and you'll cause a stampede.

Kind of makes a person wonder just how many capital cities Ireland has tucked away under its belt. But with all of those famines and English oppression (and did I mention the famines?) millions of Irish people (including my grand-dad) spread out across the planet and no doubt dubbed many places, big and small, as being the main centre of Leprechaun activity. Of course, my grand-dad didn't really land too far from Dublin, but I can attest to the fact that the Irish Sea can be as rough as the Atlantic.