Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you write?

Well, I write for living (from content for social media to essays, relatories and journalistic stuff for webside of the group I work - but I am no journalist and I claim fake news if someone say I am), also movie reviews and essays for a guy (the website just turned into a facebook page in the end, but still get the invitations for those pre-release exhbititions, but who doesnt those days?). As side note, had some poems and short stories published in anthologies (or alternative "medium" like in candy wrapping papper) and a Graphic Novel with my script was publish a few years ago. And an edition of Benito Cereno by Melville was printed with my preface, but maybe that does not count much as the whole idea of re-publishing it was mine in first place...
    #foratemer

Candy wrapping paper is an interesting medium. Perhaps I could get my Civil War book on that paper they give you in a shoebox. Candy paper seems better for poems and aphorisms. Then again, you'd need a lot of shoes. I may have to resort to grocery bags. ;-)

It doesn't surprise me you write for a living, JC. How long at a time can you write well? It sounds like you set your own deadlines, which must be convenient. Do you work with an editor?
    And this from a man in a bunny suit.

Last edited by cacian; 06-29-2019 at 01:26 PM.
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

I write to take my mind of things but also to make a mark on something or someone in a good way.
    Words are the medium to sane thinking and living they are the gateway to betterment and improvement when used sparingly and correctly. I have this belief they do fire back when abused and used in an inappropriate way. Trust.
    Words are free and never complain in fact they come when you least expect it and show things you never thought you would.
    They are the must have full package to any adventures of thoughts.
    That is my take on it.
    Last edited by cacian; 06-29-2019 at 01:54 PM.
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

Quote Originally Posted by cacian View Post
    Words are free and never complain in fact they come when you least expect it and show things you never thought you would.
    That's a good way of putting it, Cacian. I see words as a kind of art people make from thoughts, and thought as messages from realms largely uncharted. We have to organize thoughts anyway, or we would lack, as you say, "sane thinking"; but converting thoughts to words and words to art means that thoughts can be meaningfully shared between individuals and even follow separate trajectories from one to another. That's why reading is such a miracle. It allows you to touch the mind of another human being--even one long dead.
    Last edited by Pompey Bum; 07-01-2019 at 01:08 PM.
    And this from a man in a bunny suit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12