Thread: Collaborative Writing

Collaborative Writing

I'm really bored, and I'd like to sharpen up my writing skills. Does anyone want to collaborate on a document with me?

So will this be a public or private endeavour? The subject? Royalties?

Quote Originally Posted by Ekimhtims View Post
    So will this be a public or private endeavour? The subject? Royalties?

It'll be exclusive to anyone who joins, so private. There'll be no central narrative; it'll be free-form. I can't think of a good joke for the last one.

I doubt you will find many to participate without a bit more clarity, and as the object is to sharpen your writing skills I'm not exactly sure how a collaboration will achieve that, short of the collaborator being a simple springboard or inspiration to your written word, or else a red pen intended to correct. If you write something in response to me next I will respond in kind in turn and the collaboration will have begun, have no central narrative, and can be as free-form as you care to make it. You can use me as you wish, inspiration or red pen, but any collaboration on my part would simply be to see you stand alone. I would have your writing be the expression of you as much as mine is me. I suspect I would be a poor collaborator in the true sense of the word. But see, you have already done something for me; provided a reason to write, and thereby sharpen my own skills.

I'm intending on doing this in google docs; would you be comfortable sharing your email with me?

I despise Google, Amazon, Facebook, Apple, et. al. So sorry.

You could pm me then, or we could write in this thread.

Hello Studyabroadlife, from India. So, to understand what collaborative writing is, one must first understand the word collaboration. Collaboration is known as the sharing of labor, whether this is as a pair or in groups. Therefore collaborative writing refers to the co-authorship of a writing piece. Writing is how you present it for that your English is accurate and grammar should be perfect. Also, include Interaction between participants throughout the entire writing process. However, for those students who want to take IELTS then writing collaborative is very important they can join institute like IELTS Coaching in Nagpur as they play an important role in providing the predictable topic, tips and tricks to pass this exam with a good score. Analyze each task properly and spend some time making notes. It can also help learners to develop their communicative competence by forcing the negotiation of meaning.
    IELTS Classes in Nagpur