Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Christchurch, new zealand. Friday 15th march 2019

Blog Entries
    People care when it’s presented to them. When it’s not they cannot care in their ignorance. What I object to is the band Waggoning of popular grief. And I don’t give a flying one what you think of me as result as I think I’m right to question your sincerity. I stand by it.

For those who believe,
    no explanation is necessary.
    For those who do not,
    none will suffice.

Blog Entries
    Tell me Biggus. How were your feelings of grief expressed that day you heard the news? How did it interfere with your day before you wrote of your deep remorse of a highly publicised event ?

For those who believe,
    For those who do not,
    none will suffice.

Jerrybaldy, were you a hypocritically insincere band-waggoner of popular pleasure and happiness because you didn't stay that way after something wonderful happened that you appreciated having heard about? Do you seriously believe that the worst of the world must be ingrained so deeply in our psyche that we shouldn't simply "let go" at some point? I'm a naturally happy and optimistic person, but my recognition of tragedy and the suffering of others is real and sincere regardless of my not remaining in a perpetual state of mourning or agonizing depression. Or maybe you would prefer personal action against the acts of this world which bring suffering. But then you would really be the hypocrite in thinking that you could end all acts that bring suffering when these acts have gone on since time immemorial; well either that or suffer yourself from a messiah complex. And what exactly is it that you ask of these others who you regard as hypocrites? Would you find some respect for them should they show or express no care at all? Or would you then turn around and call them heartless cold sociopaths. I doubt one could win with you...though I have little doubt you're a loser.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggus View Post
    I'm stunned by the bile from Jerrybaldy and the attack on Kiz, she certainly didnt deserve it, she is always kind and thoughtful in her comments.
    And how dare you presume to know what I care about or who I empathize with.
    People do care when tragedy strikes, so dont judge others by your own standards.
    And to see how nice she was to him regarding his poetry less than a month ago... http://www.online-literature.com/for...-western-front

Shameful.

Blog Entries
    You’re biggest ever response Biggus. You’re welcome

For those who believe,
    For those who do not,
    none will suffice.

I'm so disappointed he hadn't cared to respond to my post #20 above. Not sure he's worth the pity though.

Blog Entries
    Sorry Ekim. I didn’t realise that the length of your reply meant it warranted a response. Biggus, you don’t think any tragedy would move me? Will let your words speak for themselves. I’m sure I’ve never felt the devastation you felt that day. They weren’t just murdered. They were murdered whilst praying to their god after all. Obviously worse. Don’t know what I was thinking of. Post another limerick.

For those who believe,
    For those who do not,
    none will suffice.

Blog Entries
    Finally as I’m obviously not coming back here. This used to be a poetry site. Not a sycophantic posting site like FB. Shame.

For those who believe,
    For those who do not,
    none will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerrybaldy View Post
    Sorry Ekim. I didn’t realise that the length of your reply meant it warranted a response.
    Jerrybaldy obviously failed to understand that it wasn't the length of my post that warranted a response...it was the question marks (including the one I failed to include at the end of the second to last sentence...doh!). Anyhow, if you're reading this Jerrybaldy, which I have no doubt you will (I would if I was you) don't leave so easily, just be more aware of how your words may be taken...well unless you wanted them to be taken (and responded to) in the manner they were, in which case, bye.

Blog Entries
    Well as a person of faith i do care and I do feel it when tragedy strikes, and as a PoF being murdered while at prayer has more significance.
    So Jerrybaldy can stay here and be offended by our compassion or take his bile elsewhere its all the same to me.

On the road, but not! Danik 2016's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think the significance lies in the fact that at certain times a prayer house as such would be respected and avoided, whatever the faith it represented.
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "
    Gerald Murnane, Tamarisk Row

There is a long tradition of churches being places of sanctuary. Nonetheless, Biggus is flirting with bigotry. He writes:

Well as a person of faith i do care and I do feel it when tragedy strikes, and as a PoF being murdered while at prayer has more significance.
    So Jerrybaldy can stay here and be offended by our compassion or take his bile elsewhere its all the same to me.
    Why "as a person of faith"? Is Biggus suggesting that atheists and agnostics do NOT feel it when tragedy strikes?

In addition, why should whether Biggus is a "Pof" make any difference as to whether "being murdered while at prayer has more significance."? Is it because such a murder targets Biggus's brethren? Is he suggesting that he would care far less if a bunch of atheistic school children were murdered? Perhaps that's not what Biggus means, but it's certainly what is suggested by what he writes.

God created a world (so say the faithful) in which everyone suffers and dies. To a God existing beyond time and space. it would make no difference whether someone dies in a massacre or in bed, at age 94. Both are (from His perspective) equally either tragic or benign. It is only to us humans (bound by time and space) that one demise seems more tragic than the other. We all like to believe we are somehow guaranteed out three score and ten (or has modern medicine made it four score and ten?). We also empathize with the survivors, especially parents whose children might be murdered. Nonetheless, to believe that "being murdered while at prayer has more significance..." suggests bigotry. Think of the converse: "Being murdered at prayer has less significance." If the latter suggests bigotry, wouldn't the former?

Closed
    Time to move on.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast