At the age of 23 I decided- it is about time to find the one. And so, I searched for an online dating app since men wouldn’t just approach me. I found so many apps, some asked for too many details in order to complete the profile. “Eyes color”, “hair thickness”, “how often do you drink”, “how good are you in bed”- so you wouldn’t even have to talk to the person after sharing all of these details, you just go straight to a relationship with them or even better- a marriage. I tried another app, which did not require too many specific details, then I filled the basic ones and uploaded three photos. It did not take a while until 150 men messaged me, liked my picture, my profile, swiped me to the right, marked me with a star, clicked to follow me, poked me- so with all of the notifications, there is no way you miss the ones who are not your type. I did not give up though, I kept on looking for the best dating application. I found this one colorful app, that attracts the eye (not like the previous ones), it did not ask for too many personal details and the greatest thing about it was that you can choose from who to get notifications or not. So only by liking the guy you could see if he liked you\messaged you, but this thing works both ways. If I liked the guy, he would never be able to know it unless he likes me back. After a couple of days, I received a mutual “like” notification from Johnathan. The basic details just said he is 23, lives “close by” and I loved the two photos he had on his profile. We decided to go on a date. I could not take the smile off my face, he is the one. I was happy to see, dating apps do work! After a whole month of great dates and sharing some basic information about each other, I asked Johnathan if he is Jewish. This should have been my first question actually, since I am Jewish- I was not going to compromise over this detail. “WHAT?! You are not Jewish??..... Why didn’t it say so on your profile?!”
“Oh well, because you only have to fill in the basic information on this app…” He replied.