Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RIP V.S. Naipaul

Closed
    I lived in Gabon, near the frontier with Cameroon and therefore not too far from Equatorial Guinea. We used to drift into the other countries--it was all the heartland of a once fierce people (slavers not slaves) called the Fang. Togo is not that close, but the Togo volunteers we trained with used to come down on their breaks sometimes. (I vaguely remember a guy named Paul, but that doesn't mean much). Togo and Gabon had reputations as desirable posts, and that (oddly) was a kind of bond, too. It makes me melancholy to think of all that now. I'm not sure why, but it's probably because I'm not a young man anymore.

On the road, but not! Danik 2016's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pompey Bum View Post
    Well, we should probably respect the copywrite laws. Maybe my library has a copy. Thanks for trying, though.
    Ok, PB. Never mind the copywrites, they take good care of themselves. If the book or video is protected, one simply canīt download it, and thatīs it.

Naipaul seems to be a source of memories to you. So, please, donīt mind my suggestion.
    "You can always find something better than death."
    Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm, The Bremen Town Musicians

Closed
    No, I thank you. Hopefully I will reread and review the novel at some point soon (especially since the Man Booker longlist is such a horrorshow this year). I'm overdue for a review in any case.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12