47 days then said
    It was not you
    You're not who we look for
    And you are registered
    As an honest man, you are free
    I was honest before I reached you
    Since I was born, I was honest
    And not you who made me honest
    Thank you Mohammad for your heart felt poem, may Allah bless you and all your family this day.

Blog Entries
    I enjoyed this poem, well said.
    Our task must be to free ourselves by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty
    ~Albert Einstein

Blog Entries
    Thank you both Kiz and M Kirkpatrick
    Indeed it is a real story and virtually I have been recently come out of the prison in my city and truly because of my name that someone has had it they put me in the prison until they were sure I am not the man who they look for and this issue becomes more complicated after the ISIS fighters occupied my city Mosul in June, 10 \ 2014 then the Iraqi forces came again and released us from those terrorists in 2016 - 2017 then hundred of similar names can be used for many people and unless to compare with another thing like the birthdate, the name of the mother and lastly the nickname or the tribe many people would be asked by the security forces or the police according to the data that are registered in their computers for the people who are affiliated to those terrorists. For example there are many names like my tripartite name (Mohammad Mahmoud Ahmad) and the information that is collected in the government's computers sometimes are randomly arranged and contain errors or inaccurate information and that's the duty of the military agent who does not introduce the correct information so the wrong is possible and the mistreatment is possible and that what lastly happened with me ... Someone has the same name of mine but his mother's name is different, his birthdate is different, and his tribe name also is different. Those who arrested me did not know the fact until the origin of that case I was arrested due to it has been introduced and found but sorry to say they found it after 40 days and I was still imprisoned . Chaos , indeed it is chaos in Iraq........ An idea came up to my mind to write a novel or short story ( Between three prisons ) and it maybe see the light in the future after two -four moths
    Last edited by Mohammad Ahmad; 05-09-2018 at 03:01 PM.
    My country is the Home of Honour And
    Without honour I haven't Home
    MMA

Blog Entries
    Thank you so much Mohammad would like to read that story, you are a brave soul indeed, bless you.

Warmest regards Michael.

On the road, but not! Danik 2016's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I am really shocked Mohammad and very glad you are free again. How is it with lawyers in your country?

What astonishes me most is, that by your explanation above, it would be very easy to prove that you are not the man they were looking for. You are probably a known citizen and it I am not mistaken a business man.
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "
    Gerald Murnane, Tamarisk Row

wow this is almost unreal.
    sorry to hear all your trouble and i am glad you are out of there.
    for them to make a mistake like that and get away with it is shameful.
    my thoughts are with you and hope you are looking forward. these ISIS think they are unsolvable but they are not. they sure be on their way out soon.
    Last edited by cacian; 05-10-2018 at 06:41 AM.
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

Blog Entries
    How traumatic for you, Mohammad!
    I am only grateful that the mistake was found and that you got out. Alive.
    Bless you and your family.
    Our task must be to free ourselves by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty
    ~Albert Einstein

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Danik 2016 View Post
    I am really shocked Mohammad and very glad you are free again. How is it with lawyers in your country?

What astonishes me most is, that by your explanation above, it would be very easy to prove that you are not the man they were looking for. You are probably a known citizen and it I am not mistaken a business man.
    Thank you Danik
    I know your heart with me
    I know you're sincere and honest, your feelings always positive with me and loyal .... I know, I know
    Thanks to God that I have a friend like you here or everywhere ..... I am in debt to God ....I am in debt to God who really helped me and stood with me to go out free when no friend is available when everything in such black and dark occasion went to hell
    To be jailed by the Counterterrorism Intelligence Section the place is not like another place it is so much hard and miserable especially in Iraq and Just the Sunni people are brought in or it is established only for those people. It is known as " the investigation section about terrorist" and no one of your family can visit you or know where you are jailed.
    Whereto lawyers to find in a place you don't know where are you being jailed? Secret prisons, secret places .... everything is surrounded with secret.
    The place is likely hell on which they investigate with terrorists according to the article 4\1 terrorism and all who have the similar names of the accused one according to the requested case should be brought. The matter is easy if they investigate with you directly in one day, but the only thing they know to do, they put you in prison for unlimited history maybe for one year or you lose there .....understand me you may lose there and no one of your family will be able to know where are you ! And that's the real story ... You should lose for days or months until God help you ..... no lawyer at all. You are not allowed to see the sunlight, whereto to see or meet a lawyer? Everything is surrounded with secret and darkness...
    Thanks to God that I was the almost lucky one and got 47 days imprisoned and being survived going back freely my family. I noticed cases like mine 4 months and 6 or even more than one year and still there were jailed for the suspicion on their names, but with me first: I am an old man and have many things to prove for them that I am innocent and a retired teacher as well as a writer of literature whose sons are almost graduated engineers or doctors .....my largest son now studies and about to gain the doctorate in biochemistry at England so I have the good tongue to defeat against myself and prove for them that I hate terrorism and terrorists and always stand against the opinions and the belief of those gangs those (Wahhabis) and lastly I was succeeded and safely got out.
    I want someone friend a native speaker to publish this misery by his pen in the specialized pages of human rights.
    Last edited by Mohammad Ahmad; 05-10-2018 at 10:57 AM.
    MMA

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cacian View Post
    wow this is almost unreal.
    sorry to hear all your trouble and i am glad you are out of there.
    for them to make a mistake like that and get away with it is shameful.
    my thoughts are with you and hope you are looking forward. these ISIS think they are unsolvable but they are not. they sure be on their way out soon.
    Thank you Cacian for your sincere emotions and feelings ...... Indeed it is a real story and this time I was jailed because of my name. One terrorist has the same name of mine so they arrested me under investigation until they were enough sure that I am not the the accused one and sent me back free to my family. However, I feel glad return home but the misery of the occasion I can't forget for one thing I know I am sincere to my country and my writings always witness that I am against terrorism; the writer who loves the freedom, the writer here with you expresses his warm feelings with people as an opened book whose letters are the alive witness.
    Yes, as you said shameful, but who knows the shame among those who never have had the innocent heart or the wisdom. Just they know to put in prison like an animal and roughly would treat you. The only thing they know to hit you and torture you perhaps to confuse that you are criminal when your body can't endure the punishment and the days and nights you were jailed. They in advance decided that you are criminal even if they know that you are innocent or sure that you are innocent but to arrest you and torture you just to get revenge that you're a Mosul citizen. Many people of Mosul now think to leave the country, to leave their homes because of the regular arresting campaigns in everyday. They know those terrorists ( ISIS) after the battle of Mosul libation either they fled or killed and the matter as if they wanted ( the Iraqi military forces ) who are mostly Shiites to get revenge from people ( the ordinary people) of the city in the account or at the expense of the escaped terrorists who mostly ran away to Turkey.
    Thank you again for your warm feelings
    MMA

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kiz_paws View Post
    How traumatic for you, Mohammad!
    I am only grateful that the mistake was found and that you got out. Alive.
    Bless you and your family.
    Thank you dear woman
    I am really in debt to you all, in debt to your feelings toward me .... May God protect you all ......Yes the mistake was found, but make sure, they from the first day knew that I was innocent and vainly they arrested me and in vain they accused me since the information is quiet clear that I am not the person they looked for or they were suspected about him. My age is different ... I am 1951 birthdate and the accused one is 1996 ( young ) and I am old. 2- His mother's name is in different of mine and 3- the tribe name or the nickname also is different but the only thing the know is to jail the citizens of Mosul city because as they imagine or think the Mosul citizens were supporters to the ISIS when ISIS terrorists invaded and occupied the city on June, 10, 2014 ....Just they think so in illusion or in mistake ... What a poor man can do and four military Divisions fled and left the city without any guarders and three years after to come back to liberate the city and to liberate its captured citizens from those. Just the matter is funny even it is still surrounded with confusion how the city being captured in the hands of ISIS and 4 Divisions couldn't fight only 300- 500 fighters of ISIS? I saw by my naked eyes how the Iraqi forces left all their military equipments without fighting and on feet ran away. We are happy to be liberated but we feel angry, a bit sorrowful and displeased toward these after liberation arresting campaigns.
    MMA

Blog Entries
    At the age of seventy, am I jailed?
    In Iraq, the misery is extensive indeed
    My body, my soul can't endure
    As a weak sparrow can't fly
    No, you must not jail the bird
    No, the freedom can't be bought or sold
    I know I am innocent as that bird
    Left the bough and shook its wings
    Dear men, dear women in the earth
    Ask me for what I was jailed?
    This time for my name
    I was jailed
    No crime I did, no any mistake
    But my name caused me a mistake
    That this name is a terrorist
    But it is not
    And my name is pure
    As that milk of our innocent cow
    O, humans in the earth don't oppress
    God no longer and would witness
    MMA

On the road, but not! Danik 2016's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mohammad,
    Congrats, again! I would be very very careful about publishing anything now related to this experience. I would even take the post where your answered me out again.
    Regards!
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "
    Gerald Murnane, Tamarisk Row

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohammad Ahmad View Post
    At the age of seventy, am I jailed?
    In Iraq, the misery is extensive indeed
    My body, my soul can't endure
    As a weak sparrow can't fly
    No, you must not jail the bird
    No, the freedom can't be bought or sold
    I know I am innocent as that bird
    Left the bough and shook its wings
    Dear men, dear women in the earth
    Ask me for what I was jailed?
    This time for my name
    I was jailed
    No crime I did, no any mistake
    But my name caused me a mistake
    That this name is a terrorist
    But it is not
    And my name is pure
    As that milk of our innocent cow
    O, humans in the earth don't oppress
    God no longer and would witness
    I am glad that you are using poetry to free your soul from that very wretched experience you went through. May you continue to gain strength, and hold your family and loved ones close. Such terrifying times indeed. Take care.
    ~Albert Einstein

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kiz_paws View Post
    I am glad that you are using poetry to free your soul from that very wretched experience you went through. May you continue to gain strength, and hold your family and loved ones close. Such terrifying times indeed. Take care.
    Thank you for your merciful feeling and good emotion .... I swore just I leave the prison I should never stay in Iraq ... or to departure to another city but the matter is not as one wants or wishes ... it is difficult ... and how to leave and your sons are still studying in universities not graduated ... it is not as one wishes or dreams... more difficulties will face you even to think how to live and support your family ... the misery can't be described .. we spent the night standing on our feet no place to take a full rest or to extend your legs to sleep ...A place they made it prison is not suitable even for animal ... even to hens ... I fear of feel kind to make it a cage for birds ... so from this time of prison I spent I thought that it is unkind or inhumanity act to put birds like prisoners in a cage ..... However, the speech is more and maybe can't be finished even I write a long story or a novel ..but let me keep silent and write poetry in one breath
    Last edited by Mohammad Ahmad; 05-15-2018 at 06:12 PM.
    MMA