Buying through this banner helps support the forum!

Thread: How can I start a blog here on this forum.

Blog Entries

How can I start a blog here on this forum.

Hello all of you out there in cyberspace, I just joined this forum yesterday, and have found it impossible to find access and create a blog for me to write
    on, I have sent private messages and asked admin to help me, so far no replies, can anyone reading this help me.

Regards Michael.

A rural part of Sweden, southern Norrland
    I use Wordpress for my blogs, they allow you to copy your blog to another website (also Wordpress). Its very handy.

A rural part of Sweden, southern Norrland
    I wouldn't know how that works on this website, I guess you don't need to use that facility.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamwoven View Post
    I wouldn't know how that works on this website, I guess you don't need to use that facility.
    Thanks for your reply Dreamwoven but I think I have found out why I cannot start a blog yet, because I just joined yesterday, and you need to do at least 50 posts or wait
    thirty days before you can start a blog. I have a blog on blogger.com where I have well over six hundred blogs on there, and they are also published on facebook along
    with a page I have there called soul realisation. If you are on Facebook, send me a friends request and you can read them, if you have the time.
    Warmest regards michael.

On the road, but not! Danik 2016's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Dear Michael,

If you scrol down the Forum page, you will find, on your right "Newest Blog entries". But you are right, you probably have to be member for some time to be able to open a blog in this section.
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "
    Gerald Murnane, Tamarisk Row

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Danik 2016 View Post
    Dear Michael,

If you scrol down the Forum page, you will find, on your right "Newest Blog entries". But you are right, you probably have to be member for some time to be able to open a blog in this section.
    Thank you Danik for taking the time out to try and help me, I am grateful for that, I will just have to wait I guess/
    Warmest regards Michael.

I'm puzzled why you would wan to write a blog on what is essentially a forum? As Dreamwoven says use Wordpress that is intended for blogging

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ashbifs View Post
    I'm puzzled why you would wan to write a blog on what is essentially a forum? As Dreamwoven says use Wordpress that is intended for blogging
    Thanks ashbifs, I guess because on another forum I used for over ten years called Toequest the TOE stood for The Theory of Everything, which has now closed down
    they had a blogging section there on the forum, so i guessed it was the same here, I do write blogs on Blogger.com and have over six hundred there.
    Warmest regards Michael.

Do people even read blogs if you're not famous?

What we need is a forum with a blog thread.

Blog Entries
    I use WordPress for blogging. The base version is free. An upgrade costs about $100 per year. With the upgrade you get more disk storage, no advertisements and a url specific to your site.