Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: religion is easily offended

  1. #1
    confidentially pleased cacian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    13,283

    religion is easily offended

    listing all weapons religion in general finds offensive.

    for example.
    homosexuality.
    why?
    I am not so sure.

    what are your thoughts?
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Redwood Empire
    Posts
    1,569
    My thoughts are it does not take a Christian to be offent by buggery, any more than it takes a buggerer to be offent by Christianity.

  3. #3
    MANICHAEAN MANICHAEAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Vietnam, Singapore, Japan, The Middle East, UK, The Philippines & Papua New Guinea.
    Posts
    2,347
    Blog Entries
    1
    Some religions are not so much offended by certain practices or views, as blinkered.

    Others are more flexible, depending not so much upon dogma, as a freedom to explore ones own personal standards.

    I believe someone once said of Auden that he did not so much love God, as fancy Him.

    Is there a doxology regards fudge packing? If so, I am unaware of it.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Redwood Empire
    Posts
    1,569
    Quote Originally Posted by MANICHAEAN View Post
    Some religions are not so much offended by certain practices or views, as blinkered.

    Others are more flexible, depending not so much upon dogma, as a freedom to explore ones own personal standards.

    I believe someone once said of Auden that he did not so much love God, as fancy Him.

    Is there a doxology regards fudge packing? If so, I am unaware of it.
    That's a beauty.

  5. #5
    MANICHAEAN MANICHAEAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Vietnam, Singapore, Japan, The Middle East, UK, The Philippines & Papua New Guinea.
    Posts
    2,347
    Blog Entries
    1
    A bit like " The Cod that passeth all understanding."

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Redwood Empire
    Posts
    1,569
    Quote Originally Posted by cacian View Post
    listing all weapons religion in general finds offensive.

    for example.
    homosexuality.
    why?
    I am not so sure.

    what are your thoughts?
    This is a strange expression. You could have chosen from among many words, but you chose weapons as representing your thoughts best.

  7. #7
    confidentially pleased cacian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    13,283
    Quote Originally Posted by MANICHAEAN View Post
    A bit like " The Cod that passeth all understanding."
    this needs clarifying a bit.
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

  8. #8
    confidentially pleased cacian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    13,283
    Quote Originally Posted by desiresjab View Post
    This is a strange expression. You could have chosen from among many words, but you chose weapons as representing your thoughts best.
    a weapon is defensive but religion is extensive. so I had to put the word 'weapon' because religion opposes all sorts and therefore that needed some kind of defence.
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Redwood Empire
    Posts
    1,569
    Quote Originally Posted by cacian View Post
    a weapon is defensive but religion is extensive. so I had to put the word 'weapon' because religion opposes all sorts and therefore that needed some kind of defence.
    That cleared up nicely, Casey.

Similar Threads

  1. An Offended Age: Literature and Political Correctness
    By NMart in forum General Literature
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-22-2018, 08:12 PM
  2. do you offend easily?
    By cacian in forum General Chat
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 09-21-2013, 09:05 AM
  3. Offended by Christmas in Oxford, England
    By Musicology in forum General Chat
    Replies: 137
    Last Post: 12-22-2009, 06:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •