Thread: Enlightened by night, struck by day.

Enlightened by night, struck by day.

First timer here, I don't know if this is the appropriate forum to post this but we will see.
    English is not my first language, I'd like to know what you think.

Eager to see you but full of doubt, as the distance between us became not so distant my anxiety grew. The moment you opened the door it all vanished and it was filled with relief. Still stumbling over my thoughts I grew more relaxed. Leaving my "Ivory Tower" and being vulnerable was hard. As we shared our time my walls came down, never expecting what would happen that night. Words normally unspoken were spoken en thought long forgotten remembered. Thinking this was all behind me was a mistake. As I thought we became closer, I felt hesitation. Knowing my mind would corrupt my memories and the river of life won't flow in my favor, I decided to enjoy the night without thoughts of tomorrow. After falling into slumber with you by my side I found myself in a oasis of serenity. After waking up with you in my arms there was a brief feeling of bliss, soon realizing this was elusive. Remembering everything vividly and inducing a sense of fulfillment. Now days after, the corruption is spreading my consciousness. Twisting feelings, perceptions and memories. Again with doubt in my mind, longing for contact, afraid of falling and daunt you. Again, lost in my own mind.

Hmm. Intelligently written but a few errors and clumsy sentences. Shame most computers do not come with Word now. You could spell check it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seeringfate View Post
    First timer here, I don't know if this is the appropriate forum to post this but we will see.
    English is not my first language, I'd like to know what you think.

Eager to see you but full of doubt, as the distance between us became not so distant my anxiety grew. The moment you opened the door it all vanished and it was filled with relief. Still stumbling over my thoughts I grew more relaxed. Leaving my "Ivory Tower" and being vulnerable was hard. As we shared our time my walls came down, never expecting what would happen that night. Words normally unspoken were spoken en thought long forgotten remembered. Thinking this was all behind me was a mistake. As I thought we became closer, I felt hesitation. Knowing my mind would corrupt my memories and the river of life won't flow in my favor, I decided to enjoy the night without thoughts of tomorrow. After falling into slumber with you by my side I found myself in a oasis of serenity. After waking up with you in my arms there was a brief feeling of bliss, soon realizing this was elusive. Remembering everything vividly and inducing a sense of fulfillment. Now days after, the corruption is spreading my consciousness. Twisting feelings, perceptions and memories. Again with doubt in my mind, longing for contact, afraid of falling and daunt you. Again, lost in my own mind.

Very beautiful and very poetic. Grammar be damned!
    Our task must be to free ourselves by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty
    ~Albert Einstein