Thread: Poll: How will the great kill off come?

Poll: How will the great kill off come?

There has to be a great kill off of humanity eventually. Unless you think longer and longer lived baby boomers can keep retiring on the backs of fewer and fewer workers in the system.

Forget all the blather--over population is the problem. The world is already overpopulated. Life expectation is rising, despite the best efforts of fast food mavens, tobacco producers and distilleries. It is all they can do to keep up with the miracles of medical advancements.

A big kill off is in the cards for humans. The global elite would do it now by virus if they could ensure their own survival. War literally cannot dispose of the number of humans that need to go. At least three quarters of the population need to be done away with. The elite will not want to kill the ones with useful skills along with all the dead weight. It will take something on the scale of a pandemic. Worse yet, a pogrom. One way or another, though, it will happen. If it does not happen by accident, then some global elite will make it happen. Accidents of that magnitude are unlikely anyway. It will have to be a purposeful act to achieve the ideal reduction.

Once machines can do all the dull work there will be no more need for human drones. The time is nigh.

Blog Entries
    I'm not worried about machines. However, our lifestyles may be leading us to diabetes, thyroid disease and Alzheimers. Maybe that's the big kill off? People get turned into medical zombies. Then I suppose there will a recession that's long overdue. The zombies can't be taken care of anymore because the government goes bankrupt and the machines we thought were so smart aren't smart enough to take care of them.

Then the aliens land.

After we get past all of that, and we will, the human species will still have hundreds of millions if not billions of years ahead of it. Don't waste them.

Folding health care systems is another way to do it.

Blog Entries
    At the moment health care systems are big business. They create a lot of dependencies. I can see how their folding in a severe depression could do a lot of damage.

One way to kill people off en masse is to end their low cost health care. The perpetrators appear more innocent than if they had lined everyone up and shot them. When you start messing with what people have a right to, or think they have a right to, some will die just from anger and stress. Not enough, of course, but every little bit helps when you are trying to kill of most of the world's population. There has to be a big fight coming before the kill off, because some people who plan on sticking around want more customers and the other faction wants fewer people.

Voice of Chaos & Anarchy
    In one of the branches of the multiverse, but I don't know which one.
    Blog Entries
    It has been my opinion for years that it would be by a freshly mutated virus or bacterium. It could be either a natural mutation or something done by human intervention. A disease for which human have no natural immunity that has a high mortality rate, short incubation period, is spread by aerosols, and is fast acting (course of the disease less than a week) could greatly reduce the population in a rather short time. For example, untreated pneumonic plague has a mortality rate that approaches 100%, and it kills in as little as twenty-four hours, but some people have a natural immunity to it. The second group that would be effected by it would be in the medical profession, so there wouldn't be people to work on a cure.

Vietnam, Singapore, Japan, The Middle East, UK, The Philippines & Papua New Guinea.
    Blog Entries
    My favourite song is "Staying Alive" by the Bee Gees.

But then I have a vested interest.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterL View Post
    It has been my opinion for years that it would be by a freshly mutated virus or bacterium. It could be either a natural mutation or something done by human intervention. A disease for which human have no natural immunity that has a high mortality rate, short incubation period, is spread by aerosols, and is fast acting (course of the disease less than a week) could greatly reduce the population in a rather short time. For example, untreated pneumonic plague has a mortality rate that approaches 100%, and it kills in as little as twenty-four hours, but some people have a natural immunity to it. The second group that would be effected by it would be in the medical profession, so there wouldn't be people to work on a cure.
    There are a lot of ways to kick start a Kill Off. Great point about the medical profession. Cures are not so easy to find already. Destruction is always faster.

When there's is less than 1 percent of righteousness around the whole planet, the doom day' shall come!

I think a giant plastic bear will stomp on us. I believe the freemasons will build it or dig it up in Antarctica.

The giant plastic bear theory seems obvious. I'm surprised more people haven't suggested it.