Thread: What Are Some of the Interesting Literature Courses You Took In College???

What Are Some of the Interesting Literature Courses You Took In College???

I remember I took one about hybridity in literature and popular culture. We studied Ovid's Metamorphoses, Island of Dr. Moreau by H. G. Wells, among other works and we looked at paintings and other artworks. We studied the Terminator 2 movie when these androids turn their arms into knives or when they morph with their surroundings like the floor, etc. I remember there was another course on Poe's influence on Alfred Hitchcock. And there was this other course about "Queer kids" about homosexuals gays and lesbians. You guys and gals ever signed up for an exotic literature course???
    There has never been a single, great revolution in history without civil war. --- Vladimir Lenin

There are decades when nothing happens and then there are weeks when decades happen. --- Vladimir Lenin

A User, but Registered! tonywalt's Avatar
    Cayman Palms, Cayman Islands, Cayman Islands
    Blog Entries
    I took a course on major post-modern literary characters: Holden Caulfield, Meursault(Camus, the Stranger) and Harry Rabbit (the Rabbit series by John Updike).

topics that were chatted about: how would Caulfield be like as an adult(answer: like Harry Rabbit), and interesting stuff like that.

Blog Entries
    I mainly studied mathematics and philosophy and avoided literature except for the general education requirements. I don't remember much from college courses, but I do remember some of my teachers. They were more influential on me than the course material.

Hybridity runs rampant in Ovid's Metamorphoses

Bernini's rendition of Apollo's rape of Daphne.

Island of Dr. Moreau

There has never been a single, great revolution in history without civil war. --- Vladimir Lenin

There are decades when nothing happens and then there are weeks when decades happen. --- Vladimir Lenin