Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: who said this?

who said this?

I read this in some academic journal in the late 90s.

When I speak, the question to be asked is: who speaks, and from where?

Anyone who knows whose quote it is?

Do you remember the name of the magazine?

Blog Entries
    It sounds very Zen to me, so I would start there.
    I don't know who said it though.
    Maybe Joshu?

“I never said half the crap people said I did.”

thats yogi berra, free. although I think maybe the operative word was "stuff" and not "crap."
    Last edited by bounty; 05-22-2023 at 08:08 PM.

On the road, but not! Danik 2016's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hi, Bounty

free was complaining about an interference in his/her account, so one doesn't know who is posting.
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "
    Gerald Murnane, Tamarisk Row

Quote Originally Posted by bounty View Post
    thats yogi berra, free. although I think maybe the operative word was "stuff" and not "crap."
    bounty, I have found it here: https://quotefancy.com/quote/762916/...ple-said-I-did
    Last edited by free; 05-23-2023 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danik 2016 View Post
    Hi, Bounty

free was complaining about an interference in his/her account, so one doesn't know who is posting.
    You are right, Danik, but... what can I do! I have written to the administrator to delete my profile to avoid such confusion. Have not got any answer.

On the road, but not! Danik 2016's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    You are right, Danik, but... what can I do! I have written to the administrator to delete my profile to avoid such confusion. Have not got any answer.
    Try Logos. Maybe if you delete your old user name and get a new name and a new password the problem ceases.
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "
    Gerald Murnane, Tamarisk Row

im skeptical that's albert Einstein free, despite the webpage saying so. the site didn't give an actual reference or context, plus its hard to imagine Einstein saying "crap" too.

there are only two quotes im aware of that are attributed to him---the really famous one about the definition of insanity (which im skeptical of!) and when I was a kid I used to have a poster of him that said "imagination is more important than knowledge." very few people would be able to connect him to that quote, if he did indeed say it.

so id be wondering what's his basis for saying such a thing? who is running around quoting all sorts of Einstein? hmmm...

the actual yogi berra quote apparently goes like this: "I never said most of the things I said."
    Last edited by bounty; 05-25-2023 at 08:27 PM.

Thanks, bounty. "I see what I see."

“To like Keats is a test of fitness for understanding poetry, just as to like Shakespeare is a test of general mental capacity.”

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    Thanks, bounty. "I see what I see."

“To like Keats is a test of fitness for understanding poetry, just as to like Shakespeare is a test of general mental capacity.”
    I did not write this post. Please, whoever you are, stop doing it!

if you already had this conversation elsewhere free, I missed it----it seems like the problem could be solved with a change of password yes?

Quote Originally Posted by bounty View Post
    if you already had this conversation elsewhere free, I missed it----it seems like the problem could be solved with a change of password yes?

Thanks, bounty. Sometimes I think that these posts, "made to imitate something in order to deceive", are written by "artificial intelligence leverages.... to mimic.... capabilities of the human mind."
    “All" human beings "by nature desire to know.” ― Aristotle
    “Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
    “All" human beings "by nature desire to know.” ― Aristotle
    “Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast