Thread: Objectives

Vietnam, Singapore, Japan, The Middle East, UK, The Philippines & Papua New Guinea.
    Blog Entries

Objectives

What is human life for?

Or more importantly, what is the human mind for, and when determined, how did it evolve?

It is perhaps pertinent to note an historical case in point; the Hebrews and the Ancient Greeks where a sharp distinction in perspective between itself and other races was apparent.

Here were two cultures, each very conscious of being different from its neighbours, living not very far apart, yet for the most part in complete ignorance of each other.

Yet one could argue that it was the fusion of what was most characteristic in these two cultures - the religious earnestness of the Hebrews with the reason and humanity of the Greeks - which was to form the basis of later European culture - namely the Christian religion.

Blog Entries
    When I was young, the Baltimore Catechism had an answer that I memorized. The question was phrased differently: "Why did God make you?" The answer: "God made me to know Him, love Him and serve Him and to be happy with Him in heaven."

To have a purpose implies the existence of motivation. Being motivated means we are going to get where we want to go faster than relying on determinism and randomness (neither of which I think exist outside mathematical models).

God was lonely. He wants equals to play with.