Thread: Can't remember the name of this Bukowski story

Can't remember the name of this Bukowski story

If anyone can recall the name of this story what collection it appears in, I will be eternally grateful.

The story (I believe) concerns Bukowski's literary avatar (Henry Chinaski) going to visit a brilliant writer.
    This writer lives in abject poverty and either rents a room in a "flop house" or a YMCA or homeless shelter.
    The writer Chinaski goes to visit is wheelchair bound and Chinaski takes him out (I can't remember where or for what... I think it may be to a reading the writer is giving). The writer makes a bit of a drunken fool of himself. They later wind up in the room of the writer with some girls and the writer makes a further fool of himself and Chinaski leaves, disgusted.

Blog Entries
    You may do well to thank Mnemosyne for purging you of this particular memory.
    "J'ai seul la clef de cette parade sauvage."
    - Rimbaud

"Il est l'heure de s'enivrer!
    Pour n'être pas les esclaves martyrisés du Temps,
    enivrez-vous;
    enivrez-vous sans cesse!
    De vin, de poésie ou de vertu, à votre guise."
    - Baudelaire

On the road, but not! Danik 2016's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I´m not a reader of Bukowsky but there seem to be only two collections of his short stories which both evolved of older collections. Try this one:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_...ry_collection)
    If it´s not this one it´s the other one refered in the stub. You can´t go much wrong.
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "
    Gerald Murnane, Tamarisk Row

Quote Originally Posted by ProfHarshman View Post
    If anyone can recall the name of this story what collection it appears in, I will be eternally grateful.

The story (I believe) concerns Bukowski's literary avatar (Henry Chinaski) going to visit a brilliant writer.
    This writer lives in abject poverty and either rents a room in a "flop house" or a YMCA or homeless shelter.
    The writer Chinaski goes to visit is wheelchair bound and Chinaski takes him out (I can't remember where or for what... I think it may be to a reading the writer is giving). The writer makes a bit of a drunken fool of himself. They later wind up in the room of the writer with some girls and the writer makes a further fool of himself and Chinaski leaves, disgusted.
    I cannot remember the name of the story but I am almost certain it is in Hot Water Music