Thread: Dorothy Parker, Perleman, Benchley etc. - audiobooks available?

Dorothy Parker, Perleman, Benchley etc. - audiobooks available?

I'm assuming all these folks are in the public domain now, if not the mods can go ahead and delete this.

Does anyone know whether free audiobooks are available anywhere online of Dorothy Parker or SJ Perleman or Robert Benchley or any other of those guys, those New Yorker humorist types.

I've did some cursory Youtube searching and all that appears to be avaialbe there are small snippets. I'm hoping to find a larger collection, say at least 20 min or more.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfred001 View Post
    I'm assuming all these folks are in the public domain now, if not the mods can go ahead and delete this.

Does anyone know whether free audiobooks are available anywhere online of Dorothy Parker or SJ Perleman or Robert Benchley or any other of those guys, those New Yorker humorist types.

I've did some cursory Youtube searching and all that appears to be avaialbe there are small snippets. I'm hoping to find a larger collection, say at least 20 min or more.
    You can try the collection at librivox. The problem with audio books is that even if the material recorded is in public domain the production of the audio book can be copyrighted. Librivox is a non-profit that produces audio books for the public domain and if anyone has a public domain recording of those authors it would be them.
    "If the national mental illness of the United States is megalomania, that of Canada is paranoid schizophrenia."
    - Margaret Atwood

Thanks!