Thread: The Art of War by Sun Tzu

The Art of War by Sun Tzu

I've read Sun Tzu's masterpiece several times trying to absorb its lessons. Are any of you familiar with it? It is very easy to read.

Last edited by Red Terror; 06-15-2017 at 05:49 PM.
    There has never been a single, great revolution in history without civil war. --- Vladimir Lenin

There are decades when nothing happens and then there are weeks when decades happen. --- Vladimir Lenin

Blog Entries
    Good video. I only had time for about an hour of it. Knowing one's enemy and oneself, fighting weakness not strength, deception, death ground and moral integrity were most memorable.
    Le cœur a ses raisons, que la raison ne connaît point. --Pascal

Blog Entries
    Thinking more about this today, moral integrity and positioning soldiers on death ground are conflicting. Sun Tzu's execution of those palace females shown at the beginning of the video was uncalled for. I think one needs both the chess and the go attitudes. Sun Tzu fought a guerrilla war because he represented the weaker side and had to fight in that manner.
    Le cœur a ses raisons, que la raison ne connaît point. --Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by YesNo View Post
    Thinking more about this today, moral integrity and positioning soldiers on death ground are conflicting. Sun Tzu's execution of those palace females shown at the beginning of the video was uncalled for. I think one needs both the chess and the go attitudes. Sun Tzu fought a guerrilla war because he represented the weaker side and had to fight in that manner.
    Yeah, his killing of those two concubines was gratuitous cruelty in the extreme.
    There has never been a single, great revolution in history without civil war. --- Vladimir Lenin

There are decades when nothing happens and then there are weeks when decades happen. --- Vladimir Lenin