Buying through this banner helps support the forum!

Thread: Please help

Please help

I need to write an essay on romeo and juliet act 3 scene 5 and the literary techniques used. I cant find anything online please help!!

A rural part of Sweden, southern Norrland
    You need to find someone who has read the specific extract recently and who also knows the literary techniques used. We get many requests for help with school essays, its not really practical or even justifiable to ask people for that kind of specific help.

Literary techniques. Look up the definitions for these techniques: Alliteration, Allusion, Metaphor, Personification so that you'll know what you're talking about. Here are examples from Act III scene v:
    Alliteration: Juliet: "O Fortune, Fortune! all men call thee fickle: ... Be fickle Fortune..."
    Allusion: Romeo: Let me be ta'en....."...Tis but he pale reflex of Cynthia's brow..."
    Foreshadowing: Juliet: O God! I have an ill-divining soul! "Methinks I see thee ,,now thou art below, As one dead in the bottom of a tomb: "...
    Metaphor: Father Capulet: How now, how now, ... "Out, you green-sickness carrion! out, you baggage! You tallow-face!."
    Personification: Father Capulet: When the sun sets ... "For till thy eyes, which I may call the sea, Do ebb and flow with tears; the bark thy body is, Sailing in this salt flood; the winds thy sighs:...Thy tempest-tossed body."