Thread: I read it

Bob L'Aloge

I read it

Greetings:<br><br>I read the Further Adventures of Robinson Crusoe, just finished it as a matter of fact, and enjoyed it--although not as much as the first book. It was most interesting to learn what became of him and Friday but sad to learn how Friday died. As for why no one reads it--I think it is because no one knows it exists. All you find at the bookstores are the first volume. What is more--there was a third volume Defoe wrote about Crusoe and I have yet to find it.

Blog Entries
    I've known for sometime of the second volume and even found a copy in Xenia Ohio Library but had no idea there was a third??!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L'Aloge View Post
    Greetings:<br><br>I read the Further Adventures of Robinson Crusoe, just finished it as a matter of fact, and enjoyed it--although not as much as the first book. It was most interesting to learn what became of him and Friday but sad to learn how Friday died. As for why no one reads it--I think it is because no one knows it exists. All you find at the bookstores are the first volume. What is more--there was a third volume Defoe wrote about Crusoe and I have yet to find it.
    Yes, I have looked for the sequel for years, but never was aware there was a third Robinson Crusoe novel. I wonder if anyone has any information on that one?