Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Popular Guitar Instrumentals

Blog Entries
    Playing this using boxes of matches surprised me until I saw this video that came up next showing one how to use boxes of matches to make music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKj31MAgyUM Although I didn't understand the words, the instruction made sense.

On the road, but not! Danik 2016's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yes/No -I tried to find a video of the little boy that danced to the rythm of the boxes of matches at the opening of the Olympic Games in Rio last year but there was no video available. Only the complete Opening which is about 4 hours long.
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "
    Gerald Murnane, Tamarisk Row

There is no better popular instrumental duo than two guitars. I am not sure about second best. Either bass and piano or bass and guitar again. Harp and guitar is nice for a while, but soon grows tiresome. Piano and sax is certainly attractive. Two guitars is better than all the above. On individual efforts, it might be any combination. But piece in and piece out, I will take two guitars.

Piano and guitar do not usually work magic together, from what I've heard, though any two instruments can do it sometimes. Guitars have just enough range to offer good support to the leading voice of the other. Both are capable of harmonic complexity and contrapuntal movement. I hope I spelled that right.

I finally figured out I need a wife who plays guitar well. I haven't seen my wife anywhere. Has anyone seen my wife? Now, don't put up a video of Bonny Raitt or some hot classical player. I doubt if my wife is famous, and she is probably old and ugly. I think it best if she has no romantic impulses left. My incubus power could injure her at her age...ahem! As an incubus, I also have great powers of restraint, enabling myself to endure long stretches of celibacy with ease. She should play guitar and cook. A neat home helps. Nor should she be ugly as a sack full of rectums, for a good stage appearance. She has to like obsessed, autodidactical bums. That is a strong qualification.

That said, we might as well get married, honey, if you will just show yourself. I might mow a lawn now and then, but I am not going to turn into your handyman. We will play lots of guitar, mainly. An old hag like yourself cannot expect sex, especially from an incubus born to the task. You could stack an oil tanker to the top with women I've had. Now it is time for guitar. If you still have some sexual impulse left, no worry, this old incubus can talk you to an orgasm from across the room, which will make your former experiences pale. That is but a trifle for incubus power. I learned to give orgasms to strangers across the room merely by catching their glance. If it is orgasms you want, doll, I can transmit them endlessly your way while we play guitar. It is as easy as I, ii, V, for me. Steady on that Bm7b5, gal. Ah, you noticed, the orgasm and the tremolo go together naturally.
    Last edited by desiresjab; 06-06-2017 at 11:25 PM.

P.S. No succubi, retired or active, need apply.

P.S.S. If you have children, they must be adult, and non-cambion.

The few people reading this might want to acquaint themselves with Los Indios Tabajaras, who hailed from Brazil. These boys were two of the great stylists who made an impact on American guitarists with their release of the standard Maria Elena in about 1961-63. I was captivated myself, being 12 or 13 years old and already a player and fan of beautiful sounds and virtuosity.

That piece is a good place to start if you are not already familiar with them. It was the only hit they ever had in North America. It showcases their style perfectly. If you feel like reaching out for more from there, go anywhere. I always find them entertaining.

Something that is entertaining and instructive for me is to compare various artists' versions of standards and classics. I usually prefer this over listening to their original works, which hardly ever stand up to these old works IMO, and which also offer a basis for comparison of their harmonic and technical abilities.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12