Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: My problems with religion

Blog Entries
    I don’t see what lying has to do with it. That would assume reality is conscious enough to lie. If reality has a subjective side, that would be hidden from us.

I suspect some people think that if determinism is not true then we have chaos or randomness, but it need not look any different from what we see now. Agents are limited in their freedom. With an indeterminate theory quantum mechanics was able to bring us technological advances. Indeterminism is not as bad as some fear it to be.

I don't think it is lying like a human lies. JUst showing us wrong data because of the way we measure it. Take the core of a black hole. Scientists would have us believe that it has zero volume yet infinite density. This seems mad. The maths is lying to us. 1 divided by 0 is infinity according to them. Take one cake and divide it by zero people(hence do not divide it at all) and we have infinite cake to feed the world with. HAHH. Maths is crazy sometimes.

Blog Entries
    There may not be any black holes (or dark matter or dark energy). As you note the singularities are problems with Einstein’s gravitation theory. There are alternate gravitation theories.

Quantum physics has not ruled out a global Law of Nature that would make everything deterministic. That would be called superdeterminism. We could view that as an unconscious God with omniscience defined as “infallible foreknowledge” rather than “knowing everything that is knowable”. However, I don’t believe this Law of Nature God exists.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678